More Power and Sporty Style for Spring 2011 (for those not on facebook........)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Car
    MINI-less
    All these variants and different combinations/packs are confusing me!! Less is more.

sooo, with a standard S with the JCW tuning kit, I'm only 11bhp short of a factory JCW but get all the benefits of the more efficient new VANOS engine? They need to make their minds up because I'm struggling to make up mine.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    "new VANOS engine"
    Aaaaaa Feck what the hell is that? This just the new engine that is now in the S from april last year or something.

You know what will end up customers will go in thinking they know what they want and walk out with a totally different car on order. All we need is Pepper, Chilli and extra spicy! I’m sure the marketing people used to for golden wonder.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroJonny View Post
    sooo, with a standard S with the JCW tuning kit, I'm only 11bhp short of a factory JCW but get all the benefits of the more efficient new VANOS engine? They need to make their minds up because I'm struggling to make up mine.
    Aye, but that's if you believe that the Factory JCW is putting out 211BHP. I was discussing this with William and his Dad last Sunday, and we reckon you could add another 20BHP to that figure. The stock JCW is a very quick motor when you're chasing it! Wrung out, mine just about keeps up on a 'give and take' road and I estimate I have about 210BHP with my current tune.

My opinion is that it's fine to go for the 'Standard' new S with the fancy engine and tweak it later on if you feel the need for more speed. P-Torque apparently already have software for the latest '180BHP' R56 engine... If and when I get mine re-mapped, as I mentioned, with the Intercooler and the Milltek etc, it should see 245BHP and 270ft/lbs Torque, which would be more than enough for me.

There's more than one way to skin a cat, but I think that MINI is in danger of just confusing people with all of these variants. Folks like choice, but if that choice becomes a chore, they've missed the point.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    Aye, but that's if you believe that the Factory JCW is putting out 211BHP. I was discussing this with William and his Dad last Sunday, and we reckon you could add another 20BHP to that figure. The stock JCW is a very quick motor when you're chasing it! Wrung out, mine just about keeps up on a 'give and take' road and I estimate I have about 210BHP with my current tune.

My opinion is that it's fine to go for the 'Standard' new S with the fancy engine and tweak it later on if you feel the need for more speed. P-Torque apparently already have software for the latest '180BHP' R56 engine... If and when I get mine re-mapped, as I mentioned, with the Intercooler and the Milltek etc, it should see 245BHP and 270ft/lbs Torque, which would be more than enough for me.

There's more than one way to skin a cat, but I think that MINI is in danger of just confusing people with all of these variants. Folks like choice, but if that choice becomes a chore, they've missed the point.
    Thanks alot Elfman
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

now I have a problem was going after a clubman to add to the stable but got to say I'm liking that clubman alot..
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    F56 Cooper

Got to love it, actual shots of the car and its in a stupid light, that looks near enough just black.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Delboy
    Oh, that Clubbie Hampton is gorgeous

Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post

Ach, who knows, IF I get another MINI, the choice will most likely be a Cooper SD or a JCW. All depends on work, bleurgh.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    Oh, that Clubbie Hampton is gorgeous
    Step away from the Screen nothing to see here!