More Power and Sporty Style for Spring 2011 (for those not on facebook........)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    Without sounding like a mini snob or anything Im a wee bit annoyed that MINI are letting punters spec their one, cooper and S to look the same as the factory JCW.
    The whole point of the factory JCW, appart from the power is that it looks a bit different and has its unique wheels on it.
    Going along the road if you know your minis you can easily tell another factory JCW.

The blue clubman is nice mind you.
    Yep, have to agree also Ian, very much my thinking!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    This sports pack does not have the impressive brakes thankfully.

I think the simple thing to say is after this pack launches the look of the Works is going to get more and more common. I loved when the Mini first came out and you seen one or two on the road and I’d think now that’s a nice wee toy.
    Now as I’ve said before you don’t feel that special when up in Giffnock I can pass forty in the space of ten minutes and find myself on an unofficial mini run at the lights with seven around me.

I stopped with the head turning but I did still apreciate the Works when one pulled up or parked next to me. It was the car to aspire too I'd hate to see it become the norm and lets face it by the looks of it your a £25 badge away from it being hard to tell.

Still love the cars

Exclusive to the MINI Cooper S: John Cooper Works Tuning Kit.

The selection of John Cooper Works retrofit options will also welcome some attractive new additions in spring 2011. Customers keen to sample the sporting driving experience in the MINI Cooper S, MINI Cooper S Clubman or MINI Cooper S Convertible in an even more focused form will be able to order their cars with the John Cooper Works Tuning Kit. Performance-optimised engine management and a specifically designed air filter system enable the twin-scroll turbo engine to develop even greater power. Indeed, the maximum output of the four-cylinder unit rises another 12 kW to 147 kW/200 hp at 5,700 rpm. Plus, the driver can call on maximum torque of 250 Nm (184 lb-ft) between 1,250 and 5,000 rpm when some seriously forceful acceleration is required – and this can be raised to as much as 270 Nm (199 lb-ft) between 1,800 and 5,000 rpm courtesy of the Overboost function. All of which means that the MINI Cooper S can sprint from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in just 6.8 seconds and record a top speed of 234 km/h (145 mph).

The John Cooper Works Tuning Kit includes a model-specific sports silencer with chrome tailpipes, which optimises the exhaust gas discharge and gives the engine sound a particularly sporting note. It is available for retrofitting on all relevant models with manual gearbox produced since March 2010. It meets the MINI brand’s high standards of quality and safety in terms of both design and engineering and is retrofitted, like all John Cooper Works accessories components, by authorised MINI Service Partners. This means that the car’s warranty will remain unaffected.

Another new addition to the John Cooper Works accessories range is the 18-inch Cross Spoke Red Stripe light-alloy wheel variant, which will also be available from spring 2011. The black wheel features the innovative addition of a red trim strip on the wheel rim. This high-quality marking is produced by means of a special painting process, and the colour tone is identical to the red of the painted John Cooper Works brake callipers.

Is this new I thought thay did this anyway?

So if I order a Cooper S with the sports pack and the JCW Tuning Kit what the hell is it?
    A factroy works or an S with all the kit out the Factory but still considered a S.......
    Last edited by Stewart; 3rd February 2011 at 05:19 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Well the figures posted above as an S with the tuning kit aren't as powerful as a factory JCW. Remember that a factory JCW has hardened internals to cope with the extra power and it has an electronic LSD

Car
    Mini Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheilz View Post
    Aw shame I love the damson red think it's just nice getting away from the regular colours a bit. Maybe too girlie looking for you guys?

Regarding the JCW bodykit is this any different to what you can do now? I thought you could already buy the kit as an aftermarket option anyway.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    Well the figures posted above as an S with the tuning kit aren't as powerful as a factory JCW. Remember that a factory JCW has hardened internals to cope with the extra power and it has an electronic LSD
    Oooooh yeah

Car
    '55 plate Cooper S Checkmate
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Regarding the JCW bodykit is this any different to what you can do now? I thought you could already buy the kit as an aftermarket option anyway.
    yeah you can..but think this just makes it cheaper and more accessible to everyone..most folk that put a JCW kit on their standard one/cooper/s are usually Mini nutjobs like us..and will fork out the ching chings for it

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    MINIs with more show than go? Slightly worrying. I remember the twilight days of the BL Mini when they had more 'Special Editions' than you could shake a dipstick at. As the guys have said - there are soon going to be more 'JCW's (real or look-a-likes) than the standard cars, so personally I can't wait for the Sports Pack to come out, it means my S will really stand out from the crowd as it DOESN'T have a bodykit!

The Tuning Kit's what I have on my car. It gives a useful boost to performance over the standard car - towards JCW power - but the JCW's still quicker... as Ian mentioned, the JCW has the upgraded internals and Turbo, so it can be taken to a higher level of tune than the standard S. With the spec I have on my car, Will at 'P-Torque' reckons it would put out 245BHP and 270ft/lbs Torque with a custom remap. William's Dad Brian's JCW was remapped to 270+BHP because the JCW engine could take it.

The SD seems OK in theory - don't know if I see that much point in it though - the standard S is pretty quick and pretty frugal most of the time, so if you want performance, get an S, if MPG is paramount, get a Cooper D. The SD's not going to be as exciting as one or frugal as the other... still, you pays your money - and MINI LOVES that.

Doesn't the Clubbie pictured look like the old 'Indi Blue'? This was the chosen colour for my first two MINIs. Not sure at all about the stripes though... Pity the MINI marketing dept. obviously aren't aware of ****ney Rhyming Slang - 'Hampton' means something else entirely! It'll certainly give it a 'manly' image. "Ach, verdammt, we have created ze Clubman Villie!" I find it quite amusing that I can't type "****ney", which draws even more attention to the 'Fnaaaaaaaaaarrrrr-ness"
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 4th February 2011 at 03:34 PM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    MINIs with more show than go? Slightly worrying. I remember the twilight days of the BL Mini when they had more 'Special Editions' than you could shake a dipstick at.

The SD seems OK in theory - don't know if I see that much point in it though - the standard S is pretty quick and pretty frugal most of the time, so if you want performance, get an S, if MPG is paramount, get a Cooper D. The SD's not going to be as exciting as one or frugal as the other... still, you pays your money - and MINI LOVES that.

As the guys have said - there are soon going to be more 'JCW's (real or look-a-likes) than the standard cars, so personally I can't wait for the Sports Pack to come out, it means my S will really stand out from the crowd as it DOESN'T have a bodykit!

Doesn't the Clubbie pictured look like the old 'Indi Blue'? This was the chosen colour for my first two MINIs. Not sure at all about the stripes though... Pity the MINI marketing dept. obviously aren't aware of ****ney Rhyming Slang - 'Hampton' means something else entirely! It'll certainly give it a 'manly' image. "Ach, verdammt, we have created ze Clubman Villie!"
    Brilliant as usual Euan, I think you should start your own Blog Euan.

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    I've edited it a wee bit Greig...

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!