More Power and Sporty Style for Spring 2011 (for those not on facebook........)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Car
    F56 Cooper

More Power and Sporty Style for Spring 2011

by MINI UK on Wednesday, 02 February 2011 at 11:29

We’re pleased to announce some new additions to the MINI family from March comprising the new Cooper SD models, MINI Clubman Hampton and a new Special Edition Hatch, the MINI Pimlico. The new Sports Pack option will add spice to the Hatch and Convertible ranges.

MINI Cooper S...with D

Available from March the MINI Cooper SD models will house the most powerful diesel variant in the MINI line-up. The new 2.0 litre/143hp engine available in all MINI body types will deliver more power, frugal fuel consumption and lower CO2 emissions. Echoing the distinctive style of the MINI Cooper S some distinctive design features adorn the new cars including a front apron with an extra large air intake. At the rear each SD model sports twin exhaust tailpipes and in traditional Cooper S style, the side indicator surrounds carry the SD motif.

The two litre four cylinder engine produces almost 28 per cent more power than the Cooper D and nearly 60 per cent above that of the One D making the Cooper SD the most performance-orientated diesel MINI to date. Allied to a mighty torque figure of 305 Nm (225 lb-ft) from 1,750 to 2,700 rpm, the highest torque value of any MINI engine, means that in the case of the Hatch a top speed of 134mph and a 0-62mph acceleration time of 8.1 seconds is possible.

This new engine does not sacrifice efficiency on the altar of performance. All five MINI Cooper SD models are equipped with the full panoply of MINIMALISM technology to eke ever more miles from every precious litre of diesel, the result for the MINI Cooper SD Hatch is 65.7 mpg on the EU cycle emiting a mere 114 grams of CO2.

On the Road Prices for the MINI Cooper SD models are:

Hatch £18,750
    Clubman £19,790
    Convertible £21,130
    Countryman £21,970
    Countryman ALL4 £23,190

The new diesel engine features the same torque steer management software which was added to the petrol portfolio in September last year.

New MINI Sport Pack

From April a Sports Pack, closely aligned to the John Cooper Works models is available for all models of the MINI Hatch and Convertible range to enhance exterior and interior styling and offer more dynamic driving responses.

The Sports Pack, closely aligned to the John Cooper Works models is available for all models of the MINI Hatch and Convertible range to enhance exterior and interior styling and offer more dynamic driving responses.

The pack is equipped with a special aerodynamic package that includes a front and rear apron and a honeycomb mesh over the main air intake. Stepping inside occupants are greeted by John Cooper Works door entry strips, John Cooper Works black sports leather steering wheel with contrasting red stitching, a red shift pattern on the manual gear knob and matching red stitching on the leather gear lever and handbrake gaiter. Cloth-leather sports seats, a Sport Button, Piano Black Interior trim, white indicators and bonnet stripes are also included.

The Sports Pack comes with Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) and Electronic Differential Lock Control (ELDC) to complement the standard Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) system. DTC allows more wheel slip before the electronics intervene to allow the driver more control at the touch of a button when pulling away on slippery surfaces and extending greater control for those who require a more sporting driving experience in corners. EDLC also enhances the sporting driving experience by braking a spinning wheel in tighter corners, thereby enhancing traction and increasing cornering speed.

MINI Sport Pack Pricing:

MINI One/One D Hatch £2,995
    MINI Cooper/Cooper D Hatch £3,245
    MINI Cooper S/Cooper SD Hatch £2,260
    MINI One Convertible £2,785
    MINI Cooper/Cooper D Convertible £2,995
    MINI Cooper S/Cooper SD Convertible £2,150

The final flourish of this Sport Pack is provided by the lightweight 17 inch John Cooper Works Cross Spoke alloy wheels. The Pack is available in eight body colours.

MINI Clubman Hampton

The MINI 50 Hampton celebrates the introduction five decades ago of an additional bodywork version on the classic Mini, which today ranks as the historic predecessor of the MINI Clubman.

The exterior of the MINI Clubman Hampton is painted in Reef Blue Metallic, a colour specially developed for this edition, with black roof and rear door surrounds.

The MINI Clubman Hampton is painted in Reef Blue Metallic, a colour specially developed for this edition, with black roof and rear door surrounds. Exclusive black Lounge Leather seats are edged in Damson Red piping and feature a seat tag with an ‘H’ logo. The Damson colour theme is repeated on the bonnet stripes, mirror caps and in the piping and stitching on the floor mats to highlight the satellite Grey or Carbon Black colour line and the Anthracite headlining. The instrument faces are in Anthracite, while the Central Speedo is also surrounded by a Damson Red ring.

The Interior of the MINI Clubman Hampton featuring exclusive black Lounge Leather seats edged in Damson Red piping and feature a seat tag with an ‘H’ logo.

All Hampton editions are fitted as standard with the CHILI pack which includes automatic climate control, on-board computer, Bluetooth with USB Audio, fog lamps, sports leather steering wheel, light package and storage pack. In addition all models feature exclusive 17" Twin Spoke alloy wheels with centre caps incorporating a Damson Red lining (wheels in Silver or Black), Bi-Xenon headlights with black interior reflectors and MINI 50 Hampton badging on the door sills, side indicator surrounds and the B pillar and front grille.

On the Road Prices for the MINI Clubman Hampton models are:

Cooper Hampton £20,360
    Cooper D Hampton £21,710
    Cooper D Clubman Hampton Auto £22,905
    Cooper S Clubman Hampton £22,445
    Cooper SD Clubman Hampton £23,185

MINI Pimlico

A new MINI Hatch special edition will go on sale in the UK for 12 months from March. The MINI Pimlico models will feature as standard exclusive Laser Blue metallic paint, previously only available on MINI Cooper S and John Cooper Works, 16’’ twin spoke alloy wheels, Piano Black interior trim, white indicators and MINI Pimlico special edition badging.

On the Road Prices for the MINI Pimlico models are:

MINI One Pimlico £14,465
    MINI One D Pimlico £15,545
    MINI Cooper Pimlico £15,995
    MINI Cooper D Pimlico £17,295
    MINI Cooper D Auto Pimlico £18,490

Further details will be published on www.mini.co.uk in due course

So if you want your Mini to look like a works you just add this new Sports pack or in real terms why not just add a few thousand and actually buy one Having the New Cooper SD with the pack and your talking 21K.

Thinking buying a nearly new Mini I’d be looking out for this sports pack even in a Cooper, reminds me of Williams Cooper I liked so much.
    Last edited by Stewart; 2nd February 2011 at 05:18 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Mini is in danger of just becoming too mainstream and doing too much! The whole idea of a special edition is just that, they are special. There's now a special edition coming out every year near enough :(
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I love the look of the Works but I dont want every Mini to look like one, In saying that a Lazer blue with black roof de chromed with this Sports Pack and I’m a happy bunny.

Dont mind the look, this would be like a new version of my Silver wiith the kit but the bit below is just wrong on a Cooper!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Stewart; 2nd February 2011 at 05:31 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Aw yeah for sure, I mean don't get me wrong, I love the cars, just think Mini the brand is going the way of Andy Carroll....sellout!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    The Coupe and Roadster will shake things up to a dagree, some of the lads on TM have got orders in already.
    Just think saying you drive a Mini today can mean so many different cars.

Less about Mr C the better..........he's not for sale! Nope not for sale ! yeah we just sold him! Mike Ashley for you.
    Last edited by Stewart; 2nd February 2011 at 06:05 PM.

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    I want that Clubman. Am I right in thinking the bonnet stripes are a shade of red ? almost like the opposite of Dougall. I like the neater bonnet on all of these models. Gives them back a dinky look. Love it. Now where can I get me mits on £22K?

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

Car
    Mini Cooper
    The new SD sounds very tempting with current price of fuel - but could I handle all that torque
    BHP is a bit disappointing - a 2 litre produces more like 160 / 170 bhp in other "sport" diesels

I adore the "Reef blue" on the clubby special edition, hope it comes to the rest of the range
    But pink ("Damson red") bits on the bonnet strips & wheels
    Last edited by Duncan Stewart; 3rd February 2011 at 09:05 PM.

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Stewart View Post
    The new SD sound very tempting with current price of fuel - but could I handle all that torque
    BHP is a bit disappointing - a 2 litre produces more like 160 / 170 bhp in other "sport" diesels

I adore the "Reef blue" on the clubby special edition, hope it come to the rest of the range
    But pink ("Damson red") bits on the bonnet strips & wheels
    Aw shame I love the damson red think it's just nice getting away from the regular colours a bit. Maybe too girlie looking for you guys?

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Without sounding like a mini snob or anything Im a wee bit annoyed that MINI are letting punters spec their one, cooper and S to look the same as the factory JCW.
    The whole point of the factory JCW, appart from the power is that it looks a bit different and has its unique wheels on it.
    Going along the road if you know your minis you can easily tell another factory JCW.

The blue clubman is nice mind you.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    Without sounding like a mini snob or anything Im a wee bit annoyed that MINI are letting punters spec their one, cooper and S to look the same as the factory JCW.
    The whole point of the factory JCW, appart from the power is that it looks a bit different and has its unique wheels on it.
    Going along the road if you know your minis you can easily tell another factory JCW.

The blue clubman is nice mind you.
    This was my exact comment over on Tm. Your right Ian there has always been a distinct difference between the models right from the one through to the jcw. It's getting to the point where you'll really not be able to tell which one from the other.