New cars - Renault

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    euan
    First practice session today and some of the interesting features are beginning to show themselves.

Have Renault found this years f-duct? Maddest exhaust setup I've seen on an F1 car in years - they duct out the front of the sidepods! So, it's not a blown diffuser, but it's very close to one.

LINK

euan
    Here's a video of the Sauber with its moveable rear wing in action:

baptie
    wouldn't have thought that would be covered in the rules, a movable wing.
    Looks the nuts though, down in corners and up on the flat to suck the rear down.

The use similar in road cars, why not F1

Delboy
    Hmmm, interesting stuff .

Bring it on 2011...

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Quote Originally Posted by zimbo View Post
    bring it on 2011...

come on webber!!!!!

euan
    Terrible news about Kubica isn't it? Looks like Renault have built a great car and he won't be anywhere near it all season, depending who's article you read. I mean, how can you come back to F1 after nearly losing a hand?!?

Anyway, all the best Robert, I had high hopes for this season for you!

Senna in a black and gold car(I refuse to call it a Lotus...) though, marketing mans dream.

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    come on webber!!!!!
    I'm with you John, it's Webbers turn this year

baptie
    Thats a shame about Kubica, he has been coming on stron the past couple of years.
    Fears of possibly loosing hand and if they save it he will be out for atleast a year, sare yin.

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by baptie View Post
    Thats a shame about Kubica, he has been coming on stron the past couple of years.
    Fears of possibly loosing hand and if they save it he will be out for atleast a year, sare yin.
    Sounds like a really nasty one - his hand was partially severed and he lost lots of blood. Apparently they couldn't operate on him to begin with because he needed so many transfusions. They've still not worked on his fractured elbow or shoulder either.

The damage was caused by a crash barrier that pierced through the car.

Doesn't bear thinking about .