LED side lights. Replacing bulbs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    Pmsl. Let's just say Lenore is stunned I didn't storm into the house, throwing tools around swearing that it can't be done and would need to go to a garage.

And I'm well chugged I managed to do some mod ding all on my own, without my hand being held, or me looking over someones shoulder pretending to be interested in how it's done.

Thanks again everyone.

A.

Good job! So... next? Changing wiper blades?

<runs>

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Burple View Post

<runs>
    Or maybe topping up the washer bottle

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by Burple View Post

<runs>
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    Or maybe topping up the washer bottle
    Don't be ridiculous. Both well beyond my skill level.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    Don't be ridiculous. Both well beyond my skill level.

A.
    Don't I know

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Well Done! Wiper blades and aerials and thats about it with me so I know what its like.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Well done MrP everyones gotta start somewhere

So is it worth getting these bulbs then? just that I fancy some but not seen any on any cars yet so dont know what they're like in the flesh... and how much are they?

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Ally the bulbs were a tenner so not too much cash. Whether they are worth getting depends on what your looking for. since the mini was new we changed the stock bulbs for whiter ones, and I thought they were led. But it turns out they weren't, they were normal bulbs which gave a whiter glow than the stock ones which look very yellow IMHO. However, these side lights look very blue to me and I'm just waiting on the plod pulling me over for illegal sidelights. So I may get some replacement bulbs ready to go in just in case I'm pulled. Lenore doesnt think they look bad enough for us to be pulled over, and I have to admit I've seen some bloody awful bright blue bulbs in cars and they never seem to get pulled over so I guess I may be worrying about nothing. I doubt I would pass an mot with these bulbs in. To be honest the exercise was intended to match the bright White colour of the xenons in the headlights, but they are nit even close. They look more like the blue colour of the cheap aftermarket xenons you can buy.

I'll try and take some piccies of the car tonight or tomorrow night and post up.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto