LED side lights. Replacing bulbs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    One of our led side lights has blown so I got a set of replacements from Mikey. Never changed them before as I think the Mini pit stop crew fitted them for me when the car was pretty new.

Any tips on changing them? R56 Cooper S.

All advice appreciated.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    One of our led side lights has blown so I got a set of replacements from Mikey. Never changed them before as I think the Mini pit stop crew fitted them for me when the car was pretty new.

Any tips on changing them? R56 Cooper S.

All advice appreciated.

A.
    Turn the wheel full lock Andy turn it to the right for access to the left bulb and to the left for the right side bulb.

There is a cover on the wheel arch liner that just needs rotated anti clockwise. This let's you access the holder. I hope you have small hands as you reach in you can feel the holder ( bit at the end of the wire ). This should rotate about 90 degs I think again it's anti clockwise. The problem is it can be very stiff so you might scrape knuckles here. Once it's rotated 90deg pull out replace bulb and that's you. Obviously opposite way to put it back.

I'll tell you this though it can be a bugger getting the holder out and back in if you've not done it before.

Best of luck.

mind there is a thick side and a thin side to lugs on the holder watch which is which side when taking them out and put them back in the same way.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    Cheers for the info guys. Having a go at it tomorrow so will let u know how I get on.

A.

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Cheers for the info guys. Having a go at it tomorrow so will let u know how I get on.

A.
    Be slow and steady when you're pulling the holders out... it the bulbs are not properly secure, you might want to have a pair of tweezers on hand to retrieve the bulb out of the light holder...

Car
    Cheers for the help everyone. Got the bulbs changed just now. Pretty easy as it happens. Although I did spend 5 mins trying to figure out how greig got the wheel directions wrong way round. It's turn to the right for the right and left for the left.

Not too keen on how blue they seem. Will see if they mellow or if they are different at nighttime. Not sure the plod will be happy with them either. Hmmmm.

A.

GCA3N
    Cheers for the help everyone. Got the bulbs changed just now. Pretty easy as it happens. Although I did spend 5 mins trying to figure out how greig got the wheel directions wrong way round. It's turn to the right for the right and left for the left.

Not too keen on how blue they seem. Will see if they mellow or if they are different at nighttime. Not sure the plod will be happy with them either. Hmmmm.

A.
    Doh, I actually typed it the other way round, then thought no it's the other way round, sorry.
    Last edited by GCA3N; 28th January 2011 at 06:58 AM.

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Oh Oh.... He's modded his car himself....

Is the world ready for this??

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Burple View Post
    Oh Oh.... He's modded his car himself....

Is the world ready for this??
    Pmsl. Let's just say Lenore is stunned I didn't storm into the house, throwing tools around swearing that it can't be done and would need to go to a garage.

And I'm well chugged I managed to do some mod ding all on my own, without my hand being held, or me looking over someones shoulder pretending to be interested in how it's done.

Thanks again everyone.

A.

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    Doh, I actually typed it the other way round, then thought no it's the other way round, sorry.
    Lol. No bother mate. Was actually quite funny, turning the wheels the way you first said, then with me trying to get the wee housing off with the wheel quite obviously in the frikking way. Took me a couple of minutes to figure out "that can't be right". Lol

A.
    Last edited by GCA3N; 28th January 2011 at 06:59 AM.