Craig

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    easy to say guys, but very different in reality.

did you try and hire a 4x4 during the bad weather...... and with 1 hours notice? I don't think so

Car
    also, this isn't something that has just come about, it's been something thats been thought about for months.... did you think I would let my mini go without checking out ALL the options

The Dogfather
    Craig, why not a Countryman?

I'm not trying to talk you out of your decision but just wondering why you didn't entertain one......

Hi Craig. I am not sure what is in your shortlist but recently got a Peugeot 4007 and really happy with it. Not the most attractive car but very practical. It being a Peugeot put me off initially but it is a Mitsubushi underneath but considerably cheaper second hand.

Good look with finding something that works for you.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Sad to read the Works is on the way out but not total surprise considering the job lot of bits for sale. I nearly bought a far more expensive than my Mini a Honda 4x4 a few months before I settled for my wee car. I had everyone’s best interest before my own. Did I want a CRV, not my first choice but thought it would be high enough for my mother to get in and out easy.

It all comes down to what you really need at this time, the back seats gets used once or twice a month and as long as my mum could get in and out the front and there was room for a small case in the boot I knew I could get away with it. But it is a compromise having a mini that’s for sure.
    Friend is looking at All4 Audi’s just now, it has a nice bit of power and speed and cant take four and there stuff.

My friend just got her Countryman All4 S and although when see ordered it she picked chocolate brown and silver roof with black wheels I was a bit worried. But it’s a seriously impressive bit of kit and actually the Colours work.
    Last edited by Stewart; 23rd January 2011 at 01:40 AM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dogfather View Post
    Craig, why not a Countryman?

I'm not trying to talk you out of your decision but just wondering why you didn't entertain one......
    Not big enough Paul. Has to fit 4 adults up to my size and luggage, it can barely do 3....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Craig,

I fully understand where you are coming from, especially from the family point of view.

We are also looking at the 4x4 option at the moment, not going to rush into changing at the moment, probably later in the year.
    (FL2 & X3 in sights at moment)
    Stephen & Allyson

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Mini Ecosse View Post
    Hi Craig,

I fully understand where you are coming from, especially from the family point of view.

We are also looking at the 4x4 option at the moment, not going to rush into changing at the moment, probably later in the year.
    Thanks Stephen, more understanding than some

I'm not I'n a great rush but would like it sorted before July when tax, mot and insurance are required on the mini . Just taking all the parts of I'n case a great deal is just around the corner....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mini Ecosse View Post
    Stephen, FL2 gets my vote. The new X3 is a nice vehicle, but our FL2 was a "go anywhere" car this winter, without having to change any tyres.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Thanks Stephen, more understanding than some

I'm not I'n a great rush but would like it sorted before July when tax, mot and insurance are required on the mini . Just taking all the parts of I'n case a great deal is just around the corner....
    Like I said on Friday night dude, you gotta do what you gotta do. Putting it off to the end of the year gets you another year of MINI Runs to go on, but I understand the reasons for changing, and the reasons for changing sooner rather than later.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

The Dogfather
    If you're working on a budget then the Yeti would be top of my list, huge boot and great reviews on being fun to drive. Being a Skoda it'll be a damn sight more reliable than a Landrover.

I do really like these, if you can get away without the ground clearance then these have to be the roomiest cars on the market.