Valentino and the 2011 Ducati unveiled....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by zimbo View Post
    I think that that colour comes with Rossi as part of his contracts so to speak so you'll maybe find Ducati had to include it on his bike somewhere
    Yep, i understand that, i just don't think it works

lamdacore
    Looks alright, the squarish design with the block ducati logo has connotations of retro. I can't say I'm a huge fan of Rossi's trademark "yellow" 46 and rear seat unit, but as mentioned before I'd imagine its contractual (more from Rossi stipulating that its a requirement) as the 'lazy dog' logo seems to have been on every seat unit since his nsr 500 days.
    I'm not entirely sure Rossi will win this year, as he has a tendancy to be runner up when on a new bike over a season, (from his early 125gp days) then the following year blitz everyone. Additionally, he'll need to get used to the Ducatis slightly longer wheelbase compared to the m1's. It'll be a good season without a doubt though. Also quite interesting to see Rossi and Hayden paired up again with one another after Hayden won the championship a few years ago. Hayden, I doubt will be up for playing rider no2 for the 2nd consecutive year, particularly playing 2nd fiddle to Rossi under the same colours again.

Finger's crossed for either Donnington or Assen this year though...

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by lamdacore View Post
    I'm not entirely sure Rossi will win this year, as he has a tendancy to be runner up when on a new bike over a season, (from his early 125gp days) then the following year blitz everyone
    He won on his first outing for Yamaha

lamdacore
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    He won on his first outing for Yamaha
    True, but I think he had a serious, serious point to prove given all the criticism he had when riding the Honda. Everyone was putting it down to the bike, plus they ensured Rossi couldn't ride the yam for testing untill the day after the Honda contract expired, so I think that gave hum.even more motivation to prove that a) it wasn't the bike that was winning and b) to give a big "screw you" message to hrc.

Respect to him either way though.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    I recon Stoner will be on fire this year if he can stay onboard the Honda
    Its shaping up, on paper anyway, to be a cracking year Hope its a bit closer racing than the majority of races last year
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Either that honda is skinny as Fffff or Stoner has put on the beef!!! oh and whats with Honda HRC having a 3 bike set-up this year? Didn't realise that was allowed so 3 bikes earning points will definately have an advantage over other teams 2 bike set-up...

I see Rossi is still suffering with his shoulder injury

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by zimbo View Post
    I see Rossi is still suffering with his shoulder injury
    Too true bud.....http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp...cati-progress/

Pedrosa's now on the pace tho...http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp...day-in-sepang/

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Rossi now in the top 10

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp...-test-fastest/

Fantastic picture of Simoncelli powering through a long right hander (top right on above link)......awesome bike control Think he'll do well too this year

That just looks a weird angle to be going into that corner at, but it looks like the rear wheel is laying some rubber down so it's like hes drifting his way through it...