Valentino and the 2011 Ducati unveiled....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    ...at the spectacular Madonna di Campiglio ski resort......NICE
    http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp...i-2011-ducati/

Seems Vale's shoulder injury last year was a lot worse than was first expected He recons the shoulder wont be 100% for the first race
    I think this season is gonna be a cracker
    My tips for the season ahead.......
    Watch out for Stoner who I think will be blisteringly fast on the Honda (if he can stay on it)
    Hayden who is now gelling nicely with the Ducati and after Rossi's input the front end issues should be banished
    And how can you not back Vale (he could be riding a scooter and he'd still be fast)
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    F56 Cooper
    WOW! Beautiful looking bike. I love the classic styling of the graphics! It's funny, you'd think that i'd be happy that my team has acquired the GOAT, but i'm still not coming round to it yet!!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Penny Louise
    I have weekend tickets for the MotoGP at Silverstone in June this year!! So excited!!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Louise View Post
    I have weekend tickets for the MotoGP at Silverstone in June this year!! So excited!!
    I'm just waiting on confirmation of a new contract and rota and hopefully i'll get to Indianapolis this year

WooHoo AWESOME, I've been waiting for the pics of the new bike for ages now, and I'm not disappointed...

I too cannot wait for this years racing to start and I think this years is going to be a cracking season and I think the one guy who could be the one to keep an eye out for battling with all the usual suspects will be Ben Spies now that he has a great bike/Team this year so this is just going to add to the excitement this year!!

Come on Doc

euan
    Looks cracking, but here's a question (I'm not a massive bike or regulations person) for those in the know - are they allowed to put winglets on it? I think they look naff and run the risk of these bikes going all F1 with bits sprouting all over them.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Yes they're allowed to put winglets onStoner ran them the tail end of last season to see if they could help with the front end issues he was having
    As far as I know the only limitation they have is a maximum weight....not including the rider...that's why wee Danni Pedrosa is always first out of the blocks as he only weighs about 6 stone soaking wet They all have anti wheelie and a form of traction control fitted.....not ABS tho This year is the last of the 800 I believe as they're going to 1000's next season which should suit the likes of Hayden and the rest of the rear wheel steering brigade
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Not so sure i like the yellow on the Duc
    Just doesn't look right to me

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    Yes they're allowed to put winglets onStoner ran them the tail end of last season to see if they could help with the front end issues he was having
    As far as I know the only limitation they have is a maximum weight....not including the rider...that's why wee Danni Pedrosa is always first out of the blocks as he only weighs about 6 stone soaking wet They all have anti wheelie and a form of traction control fitted.....not ABS tho This year is the last of the 800 I believe as they're going to 1000's next season which should suit the likes of Hayden and the rest of the rear wheel steering brigade
    Thanks for that, I guess with that much power and no weight they need traction control though as you could see in F1 it became too clever and anyone could drive the car quickly (Massa...).

I much prefer series where the engineers are allowed to do some more interesting designs - Le Mans is the same as they have many ways to get the same effect.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    Not so sure i like the yellow on the Duc
    Just doesn't look right to me
    I quite like it, it looks different. plus I think that that colour comes with Rossi as part of his contracts so to speak so you'll maybe find Ducati had to include it on his bike somewhere... I cant wait to see it and even hear it in the flesh!!

It looks like a big heavy bike