R56 s

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Car
    R53 heavy moded
    dont need air con full stop open the window less whight in the car and also it eats your petrol and dulls the BHP when turned on !!i never use mine i think it should have been left out of the GP but its not so
    New sig coming soon

kerrbryan
    Any thoughts on the car linked. I think the spec is quite good. 1 lady owner from new (selling as baby, need bigger car).

Forbes
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    And the turbo, well lets see now, 1 hot day + 1 hot turbo + 1 cabin needing cooled from the intake behind the turbo = lots of moisture, plus heat plus steaming windows...simples ain't it!
    Neil that is a serious contender for comment of the year already, absolutely brilliant

Doug_m
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    dont need air con full stop open the window less whight in the car and also it eats your petrol and dulls the BHP when turned on !!i never use mine i think it should have been left out of the GP but its not so
    But... Opening a window produces drag which will prob equal the "dulling" of bhp

Quote Originally Posted by dug13889 View Post
    But... Opening a window produces drag which will prob equal the "dulling" of bhp
    Correct. It's been proven loads of times before that air con is more efficient than manual air con (window down).

If you're that bothered about 1-2 bhp lost, man up and drive hot. The rest of us will enjoy a nice cool car.

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Doug_m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    Correct. It's been proven loads of times before that air con is more efficient than manual air con (window down).

If you're that bothered about 1-2 bhp lost, man up and drive hot. The rest of us will enjoy a nice cool car.
    Haha agree with the man up!

mini-pea
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrbryan View Post
    Hey peeps,

New to here, so hi all.

Right, Im after a R56 S for the wife. Looking to get minimum 57 plate+, as low miles as poss and for the best price (dont we all?)

Have seen this one below,
    http://www.premierusedcars.co.uk/cardetail/LT57WHD

+ if anyone has seen any or are going to sell/no someone going to sell in the very near future then give me a shout/link/pm

Ideally looking for red/white/laser blue or grey, so pretty much open to everything, although NO 16" alloys.

Cheers in advance

Bryan

57 plate with 20k on it books at around 11k retail in Decembers Cap Car Price Guide so its cheap but id guess thats more down to the colour, red cars never sell well these days.

If you like the colour and aint fussed about a massive spec'd car then it looks like a great buy in mu opinion.

I source quite a lot of cars so if you need any help with pricing give me a shout

Last edited by mini-pea; 2nd January 2011 at 09:23 PM.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by badwolf340 View Post
    never heard so much nonsence about turbo and aircon,you would need aircon on a hot day with any of the Mini varients ,but well worth having .
    Thought that might have been the case. Mind you, I was there in that car so I mean, I wouldn't know would I

Quote Originally Posted by Forbes View Post
    Neil that is a serious contender for comment of the year already, absolutely brilliant
    Safe to say my tongue was planted firmly in my cheek there mate
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrbryan View Post
    Any thoughts on the car linked. I think the spec is quite good. 1 lady owner from new (selling as baby, need bigger car).
    I think the car linked looks really good mate. It's much the same spec as my Mrs' S that she just got, and its a cracker to look at. The lounge leather is so comfortable too, and in all honesty, it's what most folk comment on!!

Hope you get a motor that you like soon, but the best thing about the Mini's is that there are so many of them, that if you don't get one, there will be another just around the corner, plus the ease of modding and availability of parts means you can make them just how you want!
    Last edited by N16SHP; 3rd January 2011 at 12:59 AM.
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    I think the car linked looks really good mate. It's much the same spec as my Mrs' S that she just got, and its a cracker to look at. The lounge leather is so comfortable too, and in all honesty, it's what most folk comment on!!

Hope you get a motor that you like soon, but the best thing about the Mini's is that there are so many of them, that if you don't get one, there will be another just around the corner, plus the ease of modding and availability of parts means you can make them just how you want!
    Yeh what ^^^^^^^^ he said. Looks nice.