R56 s

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    kerrbryan
    Hey peeps,

New to here, so hi all.

Right, Im after a R56 S for the wife. Looking to get minimum 57 plate+, as low miles as poss and for the best price (dont we all?)

Have seen this one below,
    http://www.premierusedcars.co.uk/cardetail/LT57WHD

+ if anyone has seen any or are going to sell/no someone going to sell in the very near future then give me a shout/link/pm

Ideally looking for red/white/laser blue or grey, so pretty much open to everything, although NO 16" alloys.

Cheers in advance

Bryan

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Hey Bryan, welcome along to NMS!

My first instinct for the add you've linked is why is a 57 plate S with only 20K on the clock so cheap? My personal opinion is if your gonna buy from a private garage, make sure the Mini has the TLC pack. That covers you for 3 years warranty should anything go wrong with the car. If you buy a car from a Mini garage (a Cherished Mini) it comes with a minimum 1 year warranty as standard also to give you piece of mind, which in all honesty is not a bad thing as our cars are expensive and prone to the odd problem or two. I also wouldn't worry too much about the 16" alloys, most S's come with the crown spokes which are 17s, but bare in mind that you can buy OEM rims from Pistonheads, Ebay and from the for sale section on here.

My final bit of advice is don't be afraid to bargain with the proper Mini dealers if you see a car you like that's just slightly over budget. We bought a 57 plate S in pepper white and talked 995 off the price of the car and a full tank of fuel which is close to what £1050 off the car!! Also if you buy from a Mini garage you know that the car is in good nick to be classed as a cherished mini, as mini's that do not pass the checks get sold to other local dealers, so therefore you can buy with relative confidence!

Good luck!!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

kerrbryan
    Cheers N16SHP,

Cheers for the advice. Kinda thought this myself with the mileage/price etc. Going to give them a phone n see wot they say anyway. Thought it was to good to be true initially. Been keeping an eye on the local MINI dealers too, got until Mach before our lease car goes back so plenty of time yet but kinda like to be organised!

Ps Want to sell your white S?

Realistically what should I b aiming to pay for 57 08 ish S with standard extras? (I no thats like how longs a bit of string....)
    Last edited by kerrbryan; 31st December 2010 at 01:02 AM.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrbryan View Post
    Cheers N16SHP,

Cheers for the advice. Kinda thought this myself with the mileage/price etc. Going to give them a phone n see wot they say anyway. Thought it was to good to be true initially. Been keeping an eye on the local MINI dealers too, got until Mach before our lease car goes back so plenty of time yet but kinda like to be organised!

Ps Want to sell your white S?

Realistically what should I b aiming to pay for 57 08 ish S with standard extras? (I no thats like how longs a bit of string....)
    ...depends how long you cut it

You can spend anything between £10.5k to £14k on a 57 plate S. It totally depends what you want in it. I mean you can get a standard S with nothing much in it for about £10k, but if you want some toys like the chilli pack (which has the bi-xenon headlights, half leather seats, 3 spoke steering wheel, crown spoke alloys, air conditioning) you can pay anything up to £13k so its really hit or miss. Don't be afraid to travel too, as like I said, if you buy through a Mini dealer, you know it's cherished and a decent car and not a dog.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    ...depends how long you cut it

You can spend anything between £10.5k to £14k on a 57 plate S. It totally depends what you want in it. I mean you can get a standard S with nothing much in it for about £10k, but if you want some toys like the chilli pack (which has the bi-xenon headlights, half leather seats, 3 spoke steering wheel, crown spoke alloys, air conditioning) you can pay anything up to £13k so its really hit or miss. Don't be afraid to travel too, as like I said, if you buy through a Mini dealer, you know it's cherished and a decent car and not a dog.
    Sound advice Neil. To add to your comments neil chili pack is a 100% must.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    Sound advice Neil. To add to your comments neil chili pack is a 100% must.
    Yeah totally agree, I came across a stunner of an R56 S when I was hunting for mine, test drove it only to find it didn't have the Chilli Pack, but had the Xenon's and Crown Spokes, but no air con....weird and stupid as with that turbo you sure as hell need the AC in the summer!! So yeah Chilli Pack is a must!!

kerrbryan
    Found this.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...1501?logcode=p

Nice 1 owner example with good spec. Seems good & genuine going by the conversation I just had with the guy. Bit of a trek for me but I dont mind. Any things bar the oblivious that I should look out for or ask about?

Cheers

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Hey Bryan, welcome along to NMS!

My first instinct for the add you've linked is why is a 57 plate S with only 20K on the clock so cheap? My personal opinion is if your gonna buy from a private garage, make sure the Mini has the TLC pack. That covers you for 3 years warranty should anything go wrong with the car. If you buy a car from a Mini garage (a Cherished Mini) it comes with a minimum 1 year warranty as standard also to give you piece of mind, which in all honesty is not a bad thing as our cars are expensive and prone to the odd problem or two. I also wouldn't worry too much about the 16" alloys, most S's come with the crown spokes which are 17s, but bare in mind that you can buy OEM rims from Pistonheads, Ebay and from the for sale section on here.

My final bit of advice is don't be afraid to bargain with the proper Mini dealers if you see a car you like that's just slightly over budget. We bought a 57 plate S in pepper white and talked 995 off the price of the car and a full tank of fuel which is close to what £1050 off the car!! Also if you buy from a Mini garage you know that the car is in good nick to be classed as a cherished mini, as mini's that do not pass the checks get sold to other local dealers, so therefore you can buy with relative confidence!

Good luck!!
    Neil TLC doesnt give you warranty its for servicing

Yeah totally agree, I came across a stunner of an R56 S when I was hunting for mine, test drove it only to find it didn't have the Chilli Pack, but had the Xenon's and Crown Spokes, but no air con....weird and stupid as with that turbo you sure as hell need the AC in the summer!! So yeah Chilli Pack is a must!!
    What connection does a turbo and air con have?
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by MINI William View Post
    Neil TLC doesnt give you warranty its for servicing

What connection does a turbo and air con have?
    Yeah I only just having found out about having the TLC read what it gave you the other day, thought it was warranty, then realised it was service related, honest mistake.

And the turbo, well lets see now, 1 hot day + 1 hot turbo + 1 cabin needing cooled from the intake behind the turbo = lots of moisture, plus heat plus steaming windows...simples ain't it!

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    never heard so much nonsence about turbo and aircon,you would need aircon on a hot day with any of the Mini varients ,but well worth having .
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland