Xenon Bulb

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Well one of my bulbs has gone

Anyone know the cost of one? Or is it time for a wee upgrade and replace both?? This is just what I don't need right now as I am oncall for work and cannae drive with one headlight and the auto levelling is still not working

GCA3N
    Craig I remember a thread about this a while back and falling off my chair when I found out the price, sure they are something stupid mate. There are supposed to last for ages. Hope you can sort something, did you look through the older threads?

Car
    '55 plate Cooper S Checkmate
    circa £120 quid from bmw..or in tht kinda region!

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Fartin Martin
    circa £120 quid from bmw..or in tht kinda region!
    Clucking bell! That's a sore one.

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    Clucking bell! That's a sore one.
    most xenon bulbs are in that region..my uncle paid 140 for an audi one..and that wasn't even from audi...

Car
    Yeah I knew from BMW they are over £100 but I have also heard you have to buy in pairs as there can be a colour difference due to age of the bulbs .... They are 4300k bulbs and wondered that if I have to change the both, maybe go for the 6000k upgrade bulbs.. Anybody done that??

I upgrade the xenon bulb in the Cabrio when we had it. What a pig of a job really tough to get the bulb back in and clicked into place if I remember correctly we ended up taking the light unit out to refit the bulb. I've had a xenon out on me a couple of times in other motors and it always turned out to be the ballast to be at fault.

I upgrade to 8000k found it to be a whiter and more blue light but not as bright if that makes sense
    Last edited by Scottie; 28th December 2010 at 06:11 PM.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    I was gonna as I was getting them on another forum for £45 quid..and was told not to go for it as using other brands may cause the headlight unit to break or something..I did have a thread on it..and it was Dave that said not to do it..I reeeeeally wanted a higher kelvin bulb as well as I think the 4300 isn't blue enough for me :(

Car
    hmmmm... so if I get a bmw replacement, will I only need 1 and will it match?