Forum Runner iPad app

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Delboy
    Alan,

I realise that we are able to use the Tapatalk app for accessing NMS from an iPhone but unfortunately there isn't an iPad version of that app (you can run it but it is only iPhone size ). However, there is another app call Forum Runner - what are the chances of getting access to NMS from that app?

More info is here.

Cheers,

Del

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Hi Del, i'll certainly look into it, but, please bear with me until i return to the USA on the 8th January.
    The internet here in Africa is absolute rubbish and i don't want to chance uploading to the NMS database in case i corrupt something.

Delboy
    Hi Alan. No worries mate - just something to check out when you get home. There may be other new iPad users on NMS that will be interested in this too. (Although my iPad is actually my wife's ).

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Scrap that Del, it's installed, was a very small file, so, try it out and let me know.

I also have a site key, not sure what it's for, summat to do with the push feature, let me know if you need it and i'll e-mail it to you, or, i could publish it..........

Delboy
    Thanks Alan! I can access NMS ok with FR. I'm on the free version to test it so can't post but it looks pretty good and very easy to use on the iPad. Think I'll buy the full version.

As for the push notifications, I think each user needs to sign up for this (for free) and then you get a password or such like. I guess what you got is for your personal push notifications to your email address.

Thanks again.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Nice one Del

Delboy
    For everyone's benefit, I bought the full version of Forum Runner and it is really good, especially on the iPad. There is a small technical hitch with seeing thumbnail pictures but the actual picture opens ok when you click on it - the Boss is working on it though!

It works on the iPhone too so is an alternative to Tapatalk.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    I've downloaded the free version and it seems quite good. But, with an iPad it's just as easy to surf NMS on Safari anyway. I guess if I was away from home and I didn't have a great 3G signal the app may work better, but tbh, I really like the look of the usual site rather than the app's cut down version of it.

All IMHO.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Delboy
    I know what you mean Andy but I was finding that some of the photos were cut off down the right hand side when using Safari. Do you find that too?

The FR app just seems so easy to flick through any new threads or posts and when you click on a photo it opens up full screen on the iPad beautifully.

It's very similar to Tapatalk but designed for the iPad as well as iPhone, which is why I thought it was worth checking out.

Isn't the iPad superb though?!

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Not sure if the pics are being cut off or if that's just the edge of the pic. I'll have a wee look on a proper pc to see if there's any difference.

But, yes, the iPad is absolutely stunning.

I just can't put it down. Lol.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto