Engine warning light on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Delboy
    Got into my car this morning and started it up. Yellow enging warning light came on in the little window on the rev counter and the car was coughing and spluttering. Switched off for a minute and tried again - same result . Took my wife's S-Max to work, which, of course, was perfectly fine. Flamin' Minis .

I'm hoping that it might correct itself once the temperature rises a bit as it was minus 10 on the car gauge.

Anybody had this sort of thing in the cold weather?

GCA3N
    What a nightmare Del gutted for you mate. Am I right in saying it is still under warranty Del? Hopefully it will just be a sensor or something similar, mind you the last time you had a sensor issue it took ages to sort. Lets hope you can get it sorted soon.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Bummer

Delboy
    Thanks guys. Yes, it's still under warranty so I'm ok from that point of view.

The first "engine warning light problem" I had last year had no symptoms associated with it - the car ran normally (it just took the dealer 1 month to find the fault ).

This time is different - the car sounded like it was on three cylinders .

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    sounds like limp mode,

switch the ignition on but dont start the engine, leave it on for approx 15 minutes and with a bit of luck it will clear itself (depending on the fault) and then take it to the dealer when you get a chance as it should log the fault.

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    sounds like limp mode,

switch the ignition on but dont start the engine, leave it on for approx 15 minutes and with a bit of luck it will clear itself (depending on the fault) and then take it to the dealer when you get a chance as it should log the fault.
    Thanks John, I'll try that later .

Delboy
    Got home and tried my car again. Sounded better but warning light still came up on the rev counter. I tried John's suggestion above and, hey presto, warning light is away!

I took the car a quick spin in both normal and sport mode and it felt correct. Even the exhaust is popping again when revving in neutral.

Temperature outside is about minus 3-4 so positively tropical compared to this morning!

Thanks John, you're a star!

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Great news, enjoy!

Merry Xmas

GCA3N
    Del that's so good and briiliant advice John well done. Dead chuffed for you Del

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    Del that's so good and briiliant advice John well done. Dead chuffed for you Del
    Thanks Greig. It never fails to amaze me how good NMS is for help such as this - absolutely brilliant .

Thanks again John - this is certainly a wee tip worth remembering .