The Coupe...

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Car
    F56 Cooper
    That White roadster looks the dogs, these thing will be a nice change as they will be rare on the road.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    '55 plate Cooper S Checkmate
    SERVERLY EXCITED!!! kinda tempted by the coupe..but want a roadster DEFFOS this time!

Hogman
    It just doesnt look right to my design eye!! Not one for me, I do like the concept but it just looks wrong!

I will look forward to the Roadster and seeing pics of that

Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    This is all a bit 'old hat' or with the roof design (which I still think looks a WEE bit awkward) - 'Old Baseball Cap'. There have been loads of Coupe pics floating around for ages.

Overall, despite my roofline reservations (hopefully the roof can be specified in something other than Silver...), I like it and I'm sure it'll be a cracking drive, but it'll probably come at a not-so-cracking price.

I don't even think you'd need a 'GP' version - with the weight-saving, chassis dynamics and the 'cooking' JCW engine (which, if required, is shooty-in to get wads of power from), it could arguably be the most accomplished MINI yet, but I wonder if MINI would dare spec it with non-runflats as they do with their 'M' cars for that 'ultimate driving machine' status? Or will they still play safe... unless of course you're on a greasy lumpy road.
    Hi Elfman,

Is there no new info in this article? I thought there was a few things updated.

On the runflats, you are behind the times . Runflats are now a cost option on all MINIs

MungoUSA
    I like the looks of the Coupe. Can't wait to see it in person. It will probably kill the Convertible as the Countryman will kill the Clubman.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Love the look of the Coupe. Love it love it love it.

Our next MINI was going to be the Roadster which we've hankered after for a year or so since the first pics appeared. But an impending new arrival may scupper that plan.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I have been studying the Coupe, and although I think its really nice, i've decided the only part I don't like about it is the overhang off the back of the roof. I know the Mini's were designed to have a 'Floating Roof' but I think they possibly should of just ran it flush in the Coupe! Thoughts?
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Resident old yin.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by KenL View Post
    Mods - could we PLEASE stay on topic?

14 (including this one) out of 32 posts are not about the car but impending babies, kitties, dogs etc...........................
    Thread cleaned up.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

The Dogfather
    The thread didn't need cleaning up completely, people personal's situations will directly influence if they go for the Coupe/Roadster or not.

I'm interested in it but it'll depend on price, i.e. not a massive premium over the hatch, and the size of the boot. i.e. can you get two dogs in there. We don't need back seats so who knows this could be ideal.