The Coupe...

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    JamesCB
    Some aggregated revies of it here - http://www.carbuzz.co.uk/car-reviews/MINI/Coupe

Surprised to hear it's not as good to drive as the hatch. Also that the Cooper SD reviews aren't great, yet that exact engine got great reviews in the hatch and Clubman.

Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCB View Post
    Some aggregated revies of it here - http://www.carbuzz.co.uk/car-reviews/MINI/Coupe

Surprised to hear it's not as good to drive as the hatch. Also that the Cooper SD reviews aren't great, yet that exact engine got great reviews in the hatch and Clubman.
    Not from every source it didn't. I read one review which did not think it that much better than the cooper d engine.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    I still love the looks of the car and if we were in the market for a Coupe bodyshape of a MINI, this would tick all the boxes. But I just think it's sad they've specifically manufactured the performance to be no more and no less powerful than the hatch. I see no problem in the standard engines being available, but would it not have been a good idea to have had a 'hardened' version from launch? 250bhp, 17" alloys, lowered even further, some kind of specific sh!t hot body kit, exclusive colours, fully loaded inside.

It's like MINI decided to be outrageous with the design, then someone reigned them in and made it all too sensible. The resulting overall package is a bit... lacklustre?

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

euan
    Andy, that's my general frustration with Mini. In all the time it's been out (which is a fair old time now since BMW relaunched it) the power has stayed pretty constant. The chassis can obviously take it and every other "hot" hatch is nigh on 240-250BHP now. Is someone looking at an ST going to look a JCW? Or a Megane Sport? The DS3 and the Arbath Punto are both at 200bhp now as well.

Mini are lacking the true "halo" car that the GP gave them, the coupe was that opportunity. Maybe it's coming, who knows.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Have to agree, a bonkers car that is done well as you say a hardened snorting Coupe sells lower models. By association you’ve bought into the family and a Coupe GP limited numbers would sell.

My Cooper, for me has enough performance and economy. But when I was looking it was always the Works that I thought “oh yeah”. My car does not look or drive anything like the top marque Works but I still buy into I’m apart of that family.

Not long till these hit the Showrooms!
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Closer this gets to launch the better i'm feeling about going for a hatch instead. I really thought i would regret the decision to back out of the coupe deal but so far im glad i did.

For me the Coupe should have the xfactor , that little bit something special in the performance dept. Sadly it doesn't and maybe this can be seen as JCW snobbery but i dont believe this car should be made in anything less than a cooper s with the JCW kit. It would really annoy me that there would be Cooper Coupes going about with a sport pack looking very similar to my 30k specced JCW Coupe. I think it dilutes the Coupe too much.

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    With the sports pack now available from the dealer, even the hatch is diluted. I have to say I’d have a Cooper SD with sports pack. The sports pack does finish the look off. You just have to accept there is a fair few about now.

The coupe will have something the Hatch does not for a while, it will simply stand out being Mini’s new toy. I’m still looking forward to seeing one in the flesh and out on the road. But as it’s suggested not as good a drive as the hatch and less practical it reads a bit trinket over offering something better….
    The Roadster is a bit different for me as I’ve never liked the Mini convertible.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!