snow good

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Want More BHP!
    Car
    cooper park lane
    first time off driving mini in the snow today and its crap!took me half an hour to get up my st! its every bit as bad as my previous ep3!
    Disapointed

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    It's not the car Just the wrong tyres

My car has managed to go wherever I wanted this year and last year

My Yokohama Parada Spec IIs have been fine today, possibly because I couldn't even open my door to get in to drive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Want More BHP!
    Car
    cooper park lane
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    It's not the car Just the wrong tyres

My car has managed to go wherever I wanted this year and last year
    hmmm....i have a brand new pirelli runflat and a good year eagle with a good amount off tread on the front only bout 2 inchs off snow here aswell

Want More BHP!
    Car
    cooper park lane
    Quote Originally Posted by jdl_1967 View Post

My Yokohama Parada Spec IIs have been fine today, possibly because I couldn't even open my door to get in to drive!

lol

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by jdl_1967 View Post
    [
    That my View on Snow tyres, great that they can make such a good difference and could make such a difference if you get into trouble but for me would be a waste of money as I just don’t take the car out like today. If the snow goes ballistic were I live it’s tough enough on the 4x4’s not making it and absolutely no chance no matter the tyre on a car and the only thing going up my drive would probably be a land rover defender.

Tyres can only do so much although its better just now in Glasgow and I know no one that has not made it out and back today in there car. But if I did have a situation that I needed to go out then it would be nice to have the right tyres for essential travel.

Great pic.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by satans little helper View Post
    hmmm....i have a brand new pirelli runflat and a good year eagle with a good amount off tread on the front only bout 2 inchs off snow here aswell
    Yup but they are "summer" tyres as they are known. I am not saying the winters will work all the time but let's just say I had less problems last year than my dads tiguan which is permanent 4x4

Want More BHP!
    Car
    cooper park lane
    had a look on camskill for winter/snow tyres but there quite expensive! will stick with the good old fashioned grit fr the time being lol.

when driving in the snow I think snow tyres make a massive difference generally,

however when you have the depth of snow that some places have had today on un ploughed side roads snow tyres make no difference because what eventually happens the car pushes the snow and it compacts in front of the car and you end up the tyres off the road and you get no grip so you need to dig.

Now big 4x4's yes are good on the snow again only with the correct tyres fitted but trust me when you try to bring a big 2.5 tone beast to a stop in this weather it's not easy many a time I missed my turned in the house and slid on past.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    '55 plate Cooper S Checkmate
    my car+traction off=me moving!!

and the falkens are no too bad in the snow..better than my Run$hites!