Running lights on GP

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Well folks I'm looking for a hand / advice on sorting the front running lights kn my GP. To cut a long story short I've noticed that the previous owner of the car appears to have disconnected the front side lights and wired them into the front running lights. I'm wanting to change them back until i have time to wire up all four sets. The question I have is what is the easiest way to get access to the front running lights connection & how easy is it to get the wiring plugs off the running lights. Just looks daft with the fronts wired & the rears not .. I'm sure it'll be a 10 min job that'll turn into a 2 hour marathon but think the car will look better & not sure it'll pass an MOT with just the running lights working .. Any help will be appreciated

In running lights, is that side lights to thickies like me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    1 - You need to buy the set of 4 connectors from Mikey
    2 - fronts are easy - connect up the lead to each arch light and splice them into the side light circuit.
    3 - Rears are hader to get at - easier to remove each rear light cluster to find the grommet to slip a feeder wire down.
    4 - From underneath loosen the arch liner and pull it away from the bumper (use a small piece of wood to keep it from dropping back into place. Some people remove the wheel to improve access !!
    5 - Use one hand inserted into the gap between the bumper and the liner to clip the connector into the arch light.
    6 - Tape the free end of the connector cable to your feeder wire and pull the cable up through the gland into the area behind the removed light clusters.
    7 - Splice the cables into the side light circuit behind the light clusters
    8 - Re-install the light clusters and the wheel arch liners.

Job done ---- stand back and admire your handy work

the front are just on the inside of the bumper at the top dont know how easy to get off but they are just wee clips and just poped on easy as pie
    Last edited by stoney; 23rd November 2010 at 12:10 AM.
    New sig coming soon

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Stoney thanks for the full instructions to wire them all ... but im looking to return the front ones to side lights as it looks stupid having the front ones done and the rear ones not.

I'll wire them all at some point so I'll keep a note of your instructions for later.. Cheers I'll investigate the front just wondered if someone had an easy way of getting into them without losing a couple of fingers first

John the GP has amber running lights front and back built into the wheel arches (think it was for the American market) .. If that helps

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Yep the front ones are just at the top of the bumper there will be a blue plug that you have to un hook think it's a press to release not 100% tho
    New sig coming soon