"New" Mini Owner

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom

What year's the car? Is it a SliMINI (an R53 up to '06) , or a PhatMINI? (R56 - '07 onwards) .
    If it's an R53, the fuel stops will unfortunately be more frequent! , but the fun will be worth it! The later car's fun too - I should know!
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 16th November 2010 at 02:48 PM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Penny Louise
    Can I ask why SliMINI and PhatMINI? Its an R53, 53 plate registered in 2004. Yeah, I'm assuming this is because the R53's were supercharged and the R56 is turbo'd therefore you can drive economically by staying off the turbo but the superchargers kick in pretty much straight away? Or am I talking mince? lol... sorry if I am! Still learning lol

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Louise View Post
    Can I ask why SliMINI and PhatMINI?
    SliMINI are the pre body change and the PhatMINI's are the newer type, fatter body type and not so well liked by a few, me included, though they are growing on me

cooperchris
    Wecome to NMS

Penny Louise
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    SliMINI are the pre body change and the PhatMINI's are the newer type, fatter body type and not so well liked by a few, me included, though they are growing on me
    Ah right okay... so its just really a nick-name thats been given to them? Well I dont really have a preference to be honest, if I had the money to throw about I would have gone for a newer one but the one I've got was in my price range and had reasonable mileage so Im happy

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Louise View Post
    Ah right okay... so its just really a nick-name thats been given to them? Well I dont really have a preference to be honest, if I had the money to throw about I would have gone for a newer one but the one I've got was in my price range and had reasonable mileage so Im happy
    And that's exactly what counts

Penny Louise
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    And that's exactly what counts
    Plus it was a police officer from Kirkcaldy who had it before me so it's been well looked after :) Actually saying that, Police officers are worse lol

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Hey, welcome along to NMS! Good to see you getting involved already, we're a friendly bunch!!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Delboy
    Hello and .

Hope you enjoy the site - don't be afraid to ask for advice, and it doesn't even have to be about your Mini .

Penny Louise
    thanks, it seems quite a good site actually... I was registered on a few owners clubs when I had the Golf and they can tend to be cliquey... but this seems ok :)