Abu Dhabi

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Dogfather
    Massa was beating Alonso at German grand prix, he was given team orders to switch. From this point on his form took a nose dive.

Hamilton the youngest Formula 1 champion (until today), younger than Alonso when he won his and the guy who came home 4 places ahead of Alonso today - so yes I stand by my comment 'a young talented driver'.

As for the camera's, they're designed to be flattened, obviously drivers don't want to hit them but when your driving on the limit it happens.

Would you like to comment on how the 'team orders' and Alonso's gesturing like the petulant prick that he is are tarnishing the Ferrari name? If I was a Ferrari fan I'd be livid.
    Last edited by The Dogfather; 14th November 2010 at 11:09 PM.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by minimad View Post
    bye the way any repercussions on this incident havnt heard??
    None as it would appear Massa was on his 'out' lap when it happened
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    2004 works s
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    None as it would appear Massa was on his 'out' lap when it happened
    cheers gordy i had'nt heard

Car
    2004 works s
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dogfather View Post
    Massa was beating Alonso at German grand prix, he was given team orders to switch. From this point on his form took a nose dive.

Hamilton the youngest Formula 1 champion (until today), younger than Alonso when he won his and the guy who came home 4 places ahead of Alonso today - so yes I stand by my comment 'a young talented driver'.

As for the camera's, they're designed to be flattened, obviously drivers don't want to hit them but when your driving on the limit it happens.

Would you like to comment on how the 'team orders' and Alonso's gesturing like the petulant prick that he is are tarnishing the Ferrari name? If I was a Ferrari fan I'd be livid.
    i believe there are team orders in every team evidently vettel webber front nose cone incident. as for the gestures i dont condone them for one minute but youve just been pipped to world champion he was just releasing the anger, passion i guess.i dont think alonso could ever tarnish the ferrari name no matter what he does i mean he is a double world champ after all and ferrari are the biggest in formula one

The Dogfather
    i believe there are team orders in every team evidently vettel webber front nose cone incident.
    Team orders are when one driver pulls over during a race, the Red Bull nose cone as nothing to do with it.

as for the gestures i dont condone them for one minute but youve just been pipped to world champion he was just releasing the anger, passion i guess.i dont think alonso could ever tarnish the ferrari name no matter what he does i mean he is a double world champ after all and ferrari are the biggest in formula one
    I think by making those gestures and acting like a spoilt brat is the way that even a double world champion can tarnish the Ferrari name.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    FORZA FERR....oh wait

As others have said, not my first choice of champion, but well done to him. I'm sure tbh when Hamilton won, the feelings in Germany were they same that he is a very talented, and confident driver and not to everyones liking. Felt sorry for Mark Webber, looked so dejected after the race. Must be heart breaking to look across the garage and see your team mate as world champion.

As for Alonso, there is no room in the sport for silly gestures. Yes we see Lewis and Seb getting worked up in the car, but they let their cars do the gesturing and show no disrespect to other drivers. And I enjoyed watching the "Best driver in F1" fail to get past a rookie in a slower car....
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    And I enjoyed watching the "Best driver in F1" fail to get past a rookie in a slower car....
    Actually, the rookie was in the faster car - the Renault was faster in the speed trap at the end of the long straight - their f-duct worked better than Ferraris, apparently it's very aero efficient. Hence Petrov could keep ahead as he got better drive out of the corner and higher top speeds.

I mean, what was he supposed to do? He is fighting for his career in F1, was in a faster car and didn't make a mistake (for once). It was up to Alonso and Webber to pass him, not for him to let them through and neither of them could do it. For Alonso to make those gestures were heat of the moment, I can't believe I'm standing up for him here!

Fair play to Vettel, but he is a bit of an arse. I think if I had the fastest car on the grid and an entire team behind me I'd have a fair chance of winning it too!

Everytime I read someones post about Alonso and his gesturing to Petrov after the race, I just keep , it is SO funny, I mean you would think a previous world champion would know how to behave/act. But very obviously thats NOT the case... I think he should take up a new career as a clown, I mean after all he acts like one and a heck of a lot of people are laughing at him already and always have and always will be

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Prick & dick !!!!

All in the same thread!! , where are the PC police when you need em????

Obviously a bit miffed that team red ****ed (what a devil) it up but credit where it is due, well done young Seb , & Red Bull
    Last edited by Crombers; 15th November 2010 at 12:06 PM.

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

euan
    The cameras view...