Emissions warning light

Car
    MINI-less
    My emmissions warning light has been going on and off periodically for the last few weeks. Also experiencing hesitation as I accelerated.

Got the fault code checked and it is a faulty knock sensor. Don't know how common a fault it is but the guys I have spoken too have never had to replace one.

Anyway got myself a new sensor only £15, but it is buried deep in the engine on the cylinder block. Not too bad on a one or cooper but on the S you need to remove the supercharger to get at it. I'm doing the work myself as at approx 7hrs you would prob be looking at a bill of £500+! Plus I don't like garages touching my car anyway.

So when I find the time to do it I will takes lots of pics for you folks as its quite a major strip down, wish me luck....

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    good luck mate looking forward to seeing the pics :)
    New sig coming soon

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Good luck ! . My emission light has been on for months but if this sensor ever goes then I know who to call to replace it

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Good luck ! . My emission light has been on for months but if this sensor ever goes then I know who to call to replace it
    thats a diffrent story tho as you have a sport cat on its like mine is on as well for the same reason
    New sig coming soon