Cooper S is goosed Big Update

Threaded View

Marco77
    Hey Folks just looking for advice, My car had a rattling noise at the topside of the engine me thinking it was just the hydralic tappets and a oil change would quieten them down so it was booked into a local garage for MOT and service.

I recieved a call later that day to be informed they couldn't complete the mot due to the rattling noise being the water pump and that they dont want to rev the car for emissions test therefore it didnt pass the MOT.

I purchased a water pump today and the car went back into the garage (now overheating when driven) and have just recieved a call telling me the Supercharger is needing replaced as well but the twist is they called BMW with the chassis number for parts prices to be told its an Import which we had no knowledge and that the water pump is wrong it seems to be a JCW waterpump and a JCW charger.

I find tis all strange as my car did not have the power of a jcw so why wouldit have a jcw charger in it.

the bill now looks to be in the £2000 for the service mot and supply and fit water pump and charger.

Just looking for advice the car is 2005 model so dont know if there was any changes for the facelift model.

sorry for the grammer as im all worked up due to me spending my moneyonmy kids christmas then to be shocked by the cost of this repair
    Last edited by Marco77; 3rd January 2011 at 11:01 AM.