Cooper S is goosed Big Update

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marco77
    Hey Folks just looking for advice, My car had a rattling noise at the topside of the engine me thinking it was just the hydralic tappets and a oil change would quieten them down so it was booked into a local garage for MOT and service.

I recieved a call later that day to be informed they couldn't complete the mot due to the rattling noise being the water pump and that they dont want to rev the car for emissions test therefore it didnt pass the MOT.

I purchased a water pump today and the car went back into the garage (now overheating when driven) and have just recieved a call telling me the Supercharger is needing replaced as well but the twist is they called BMW with the chassis number for parts prices to be told its an Import which we had no knowledge and that the water pump is wrong it seems to be a JCW waterpump and a JCW charger.

I find tis all strange as my car did not have the power of a jcw so why wouldit have a jcw charger in it.

the bill now looks to be in the £2000 for the service mot and supply and fit water pump and charger.

Just looking for advice the car is 2005 model so dont know if there was any changes for the facelift model.

sorry for the grammer as im all worked up due to me spending my moneyonmy kids christmas then to be shocked by the cost of this repair
    Last edited by Marco77; 3rd January 2011 at 11:01 AM.

GCA3N
    That is totally crap mate I feel awful for you, especially as it's so close to Christmas too. The story is also bizarre I don't presume you bought it from a mini dealership?

Marco77
    I have just confirmed with Douglas Park that the Mini is NOT an Import and that it should have non JCW parts fitted. The garage repairing it were told by Harry (Arnold Sharks) Fairbairn that it was an import , so i have told the garag to rebuild and return the car.

I think ill be doing this myself just need to find a haynes manual

No such thing as a JCW water pump for the R53.

Up until the facelift (mid 2004), JCW's had the teflon-coated charger. After the facelift, all R53's came with that charger - part of the reason they went from 163bhp to 170bhp. Sounds like a lot of b*llocks being spoken by the dealers, not unusual when it comes to one of the dealers above in my experience...

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Marco, I have a haynes manual you can borrow if you want

Marco77
    Craig that would be great where abouts are you?

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I live in Denny, but work in Stirling, so you could collect from my work, or I could meet you in Cumbernauld say one evening?

Get hold of the Bentley manual, normally on eBay for £80. Not cheap, but a lot better than the Haynes

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Traffic Light Racer
    Car
    jcw cooper s
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    Get hold of the Bentley manual, normally on eBay for £80. Not cheap, but a lot better than the Haynes
    I second that but i got mine from Amazon for £55 but that was about 5 months ago :-)

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    There is superchargers for sale on piston heads £250 brand new !!! May be worth a look
    New sig coming soon