Checking a MINIs spec ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I would be tempted to keep away from a 2008 S and go for a Diesel IIWM
    Cooper Coupe...

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    I would be tempted to keep away from a 2008 S and go for a Diesel IIWM
    What's wrong with the 2008 MCS's? if you mind me asking.

I think a Cooper S from that period needs to be well researched to make sure it has had all the TSB work carried out. Nothing wrong with a 2008 S and I would say one owned by a member on here or other forums i.e. people in the know will have had all the quirks fixed will have complete confidence in their car because they get things fixed and look after the car. But for every one of these well looked after cars they are a dozen more running about still with the cold rattle issue etc etc and other gremlins.

Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    What's wrong with the 2008 MCS's? if you mind me asking.
    Cooper Coupe...

GCA3N
    The thing is the cold rattle has never really been sorted there are as many 2010 mcs's with the same issue. I guess the argument you put forward could just be mini in general, lets be honets most of us already know they come with their qwirks and faults.

GP BILLY
    Quote Originally Posted by GP BILLY View Post
    The wife wants a MINI again so I have talked her
    into getting a Clubbie, just trying to get the right colour and spec
    car no in any rush so we will wait for the right motor to
    come along

Really like this one but I think its a weeeee bit expensive for an 08 plate
    MINI Cooper S Clubman (2008)
    it is a nice car with alot of extras
    Did a weebuyanycar inquirey with that car and they offered £11,550 now if I offer £14.500 will they be upset I was to late for this one if I just had the money last month
    Clubman S massive extras list now at £12,499

He ended up giving it back to MINI for £11,100

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    I think a Cooper S from that period needs to be well researched to make sure it has had all the TSB work carried out. Nothing wrong with a 2008 S and I would say one owned by a member on here or other forums i.e. people in the know will have had all the quirks fixed will have complete confidence in their car because they get things fixed and look after the car. But for every one of these well looked after cars they are a dozen more running about still with the cold rattle issue etc etc and other gremlins.
    What's that your talking about?