OMP Strut braces...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Just looked at MTF's picture of the OMP strut brace and that's NOT what I have Now that I think about it I'm sure its a JCW strut brace off one of the racers cars I have Its oval all the way between fixing points where as the OMP one has a flattened area just where the battery would be
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

I've got the JCM one off a Challenge car, and I had to strip out some of the bonnet insulation

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Want More BHP!
    Car
    Cooper D Clubman...
    Never heard of cabrio braces, where do they go...??

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    There used for holding up your lederhosen....

ahh...well...yes....I've never heard of cabrio braces either
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE

Yep, as per Big Gordy's last post above, they connect the strut section of the chassis to the front section. They do make a difference, and for £20 you can't go wrong. 10 mins to fit as well. R53's built after late 2003 have the holes pre-drilled in the chassis, for earlier cars you have to drill them yourself.

If the cabrio flexes at the front of the chassis enough to need braces, the hard top will as well. These and the OMP lower are all you really need IMO. A top brace won't make a massive difference once they are fitted.

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    Yep, as per Big Gordy's last post above, they connect the strut section of the chassis to the front section. They do make a difference, and for £20 you can't go wrong. 10 mins to fit as well. R53's built after late 2003 have the holes pre-drilled in the chassis, for earlier cars you have to drill them yourself.

If the cabrio flexes at the front of the chassis enough to need braces, the hard top will as well. These and the OMP lower are all you really need IMO. A top brace won't make a massive difference once they are fitted.
    thats where you are wrong i felt a big diffrence when i took my brace off my last s to trade it in felt like a sponge when going round the corner so i would say a top brace dose make a difrence !!!!!
    New sig coming soon

It does make a difference, that's why I have one, but not as much as the lower one IMO. Fitting the upper (by far more expensive brace) after fitting the lower, will not increase the stiffness by much.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    prob true but i did top first in my old s and then top and bottom at the same time in the GP
    New sig coming soon