what room is there behind the headunit???

rawtor51
    Guys im looking for some hlp here, im about to purchase an ipod integration unit for my sony headunit, it fairly simple to install, but part of the unit has a box about the size of a 20 of cigs with a couple of connectors attatched.

Now what im wondering is there enough room behind the headunits in an 02 cooper to fit this in, im fussy and i want it all to be hidden away, i dont even have a glove box to hide it in , its just a shelf.

is there any areas in the drivers side above the footwell that this might sit in??

Sorry for the questions, ive never had the headunit out of a mini before.

Cheers Ross.

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    No room behind head unit but plenty at the side.

Doug_m
    Yeah down the back towards heater controls.

If you look under your centre console from the cup holders theres a flap/compartment kinda bit. Thats where my ipod connection comes from and the box is about same size as you say.

rawtor51
    Good one , thanks lads

I just wanted to make sure before i went and ordered it.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    You can also install it under one of the seats providing the wiring loom is long enough

rawtor51
    Aye thats Maybe a possibility, cheers, i will order it later in the week and see how it goes