Engine Warning Light

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Anyone had the yellow engine warning light come on at all? Has the symbol of an engine with half a black bar through it? I was accelerating in 3rd when the car kinda bounced back and fore almost like when you pull the clutch out too quick and it jumps, then the bong went off, and that yellow engine warning light came on.

Anyone had this? It says in the book I am ok to carry on driving, but should get the engine checked. It definitely wasn't the red symbol though so that's a plus.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I think that's normally to do with emissions.... My light is on permenantly !!

Just get a local garage to check emissions or if it's still under warranty, get it in..... The local garage could also switch off the light

Wheelspin Kid
    Car
    mini cooper red/white
    I had this happen too it was a faulty sensor.

GCA3N
    Sorry to hear this Neil, I had something similar in my R50 yonks ago and it was to do with one of the sensors. It happended after I got the exhaust changed.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post

Just get a local garage to check emissions or if it's still under warranty, get it in..... The local garage could also switch off the light

so nits on now las time i spoke it was still off mine is on 2 and no problems with it
    New sig coming soon

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post

& the best solution is to remove the sensor (post cat on the R50/53, as this is the sensors only function) & replace it with a £2 bolt/stud from any decent motor factor, "simples"

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Delboy
    Uh-oh . That's what kept my Clubbie in the garage for virtually the whole month of July last year.....they couldn't find the fault causing the engine light to come on.

You'd better get it booked in I'd say. And good luck .