205/40/18 Tyre options.... What are you using?

I've just put winter wheels (17" S spokes with Vred Wintrac's) onto the wifes Cooper S and I'm trying to decide what to do with her summer wheels.

They are the optional JCW wheels that you're meant to use 205/40/18 tyres on but I've had a look and the tyres available are complete garbage. With our old R56 factory JCW I put on 215/35/18 Yoko Parada's which were downright dangerous in the wet.

The most noticable difference is how much the ride quality has increased on the 17's.

What are you all running on the JCW wheels? At a guess most of you will have went to 215/35?
    BMW M2 and R56 JCW

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    i am doing the same with my GP wheels i am going for 215/35/18 dont know what type yet tho !!
    New sig coming soon

Doug_m
    Im also on 215/35 18's
    Got toyo proxes t1-r's and had no problems with them. Really good when dry and pretty damn good in the wet.
    Balls in the snow though ha.

As many people know tyres are down to personal prefrence.
    Some will turn round and say toyos are crumbs...
    Just read a couple reviews and decide from there

My 2p on 215/35 18"s...

Yoko Parada's - brilliant everywhere except the wet
    Toyo Proxes - loads of grip, great for everything you can measure, but had no 'feel' - felt wooden to me
    Falken FK452's (I think) - all round good, not quite the dry grip the Yokos have but good.

I've went back to Yokos, as I don't use the car in the wet, but if you're a daily driver the Falkens are hard to beat at the price IMO

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Ive just ordered 4 tyres (17s though) and after reading various reviews for various brands on the tyre review web site it seems that every tyre from budget to premium brand has just as many bad reviews as they do good reviews.
    It makes for a hard decision.

The Dogfather
    The falkens lasted only 4.5K on the front of my car, swapped back to Rainsport 2s as they are just awesome

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dogfather View Post
    The falkens lasted only 4.5K on the front of my car, swapped back to Rainsport 2s as they are just awesome
    Yeah I'm waiting on them being back in stock for the 205/50/16 (V over the W in stock) Plus TS had a good deal on the V when they were in stock.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!