Tax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    R53 heavy moded
    ok as some of you know from the run down to the show my tax disk says its out of date at the end of last month but i have not had my reminder thro the post

so when got back home i went online and tryed to tax the GP

and got this message

TAX DISC APPLICATION Services Provided By DVLA: Licence Not Due

Warning!
    Do not use your browser's 'Back' button as this may cause your transaction to fail and you may have to start again.
    If you do need to change any of the information you have entered so far, please select 'Cancel' and start again.

A new licence is not due for this vehicle until: 01 11 2010

PLEASE BE AWARE - THERE IS A CURRENT VALID TAX DISC IN FORCE FOR THIS VEHICLE. IF YOU PROCEED, THE DISC THAT WILL BE ISSUED WILL START FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE EXISTING MONTH RATHER THAN THE START OF NEXT MONTH.

If you apply for a tax disc today the Licence Start Date on the tax disc will be: 01 10 2010

so what should i do my tax disk says its out of date but the DVLA says its not

dont know what to do
    New sig coming soon

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Got to be an administrational c@ck up by DVLA. I'd call them tomorrow morning. There's probably a serial number on the tax disc on your car, pretty sure they'll ask for that. Like I said today mate, DVLA are not infallible.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    Got to be an administrational c@ck up by DVLA. I'd call them tomorrow morning. There's probably a serial number on the tax disc on your car, pretty sure they'll ask for that. Like I said today mate, DVLA are not infallible.

A.
    true but i can tax the car after the 5th of the month and get an extra month out of it witch at the price of tax then that is a good thing
    New sig coming soon

GCA3N
    Never heard of that b4 a wee call should straighten it all out.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    true but i can tax the car after the 5th of the month and get an extra month out of it witch at the price of tax then that is a good thing
    I see your point Rob, but the ANPR camera's won't agree with you on that - IF that bit of the DVLA database shows your car as being out of tax.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I believe ANPR data is taken from DVLA, not by reading the tax disc, therefore if DVLA think the car is taxed, then happy days

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    But..................if you have an accident and the insurance suspect anything dodgy they won't pay out, be careful

Don't do it online! Support your local Post Office and do it there - take in your V5 and they'll sort you out.

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

GP BILLY
    How long have you had the car rob? could it be you old car with your private plate is
    the one that still has a months tax??? just a thought.

P.S. I see another GP at the show had no tax aswell

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Sorted now got new tax disk 2 day
    New sig coming soon