Back to Black

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Peanut oil is also highly recommended for bringing plastic trim back to pristine condition.

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

Roscoe
    Thanks for all the replies everyone.

Peanut oil? Doesn't that smell?

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    Thanks for all the replies everyone.

Peanut oil? Doesn't that smell?
    No lingering smell. Darren used this on his trim or rather his car's trim and the finish was/is superb. Trim felt and looked like it was just out of the showroom. Cheap too which is always a bonus

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Peanut oil is certainly the low-cost approach and I have to admit it works a treat. After a fairly liberal application, wipe over with a damp cloth, refolding regularly, to take the majority of the stickyness off. However, it will still be sticky for a while afterwards and will likely attract bugs, dust etc.

I use Autoglym Bumper Care. Stick it in a warm bucket of water first to warm it up, apply with a damp applicator pad and once it's all applied, wipe over with a damp cloth using single even sweeping movements to keep the finish even. Again, keep refolding the cloth to use a clean section each time.

I also wear thin gloves when I'm using AG Bumper care as it's a greasy horrible stuff on your fingers and takes ages to clean off.

I've used Black Wow too and don't rate it as highly as AG Bumper Care.

I use Blackfire Tyre trim for the tyres but after applying you really can't move the car for a good few hours or it spins off all over your alloys. Yuk.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Delboy
    Andy, you should try using AG Bumper Care on your tyres too. Lasts well and no fly-off.

Want More BHP!
    Car
    Dark Silver R53
    autoglym instant tyre dressing is good i use it for all my black plastics and rubber on the car

lowrider
    Yes to the chemical guys gel. If applied properly (micro sponge and worked in a little section at a time. Less is more with this stuff!) it is the best on the market,in my opinion. If the trim has not been touched in a while best to strip the crud off it first. I used Autoglym tar remover. It strips all the wax etc from the plastic to allow the Chemical Guys gel to pemetrate the plastic for that new look. As Ian says, buff off the excess gel for that new matt look. Don't ever touch a can of Back to Black it is cheap and nasty stuff from the 80's!

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Yes to the chemical guys gel. If applied properly (micro sponge and worked in a little section at a time. Less is more with this stuff!) it is the best on the market,in my opinion. If the trim has not been touched in a while best to strip the crud off it first. I used Autoglym tar remover. It strips all the wax etc from the plastic to allow the Chemical Guys gel to pemetrate the plastic for that new look. As Ian says, buff off the excess gel for that new matt look. Don't ever touch a can of Back to Black it is cheap and nasty stuff from the 80's!