Leuchars Airshow 2010

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    Great pics :thumbs:
    Ta mate!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by Mini Ecosse View Post
    Ditto
    Thanks very much!

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Nice pics! Didn't get to the Airshow, but was down to see pal Bill and his wife at Blyth Bridge yesterday, and the Lancaster from the BBMF had flown over near his house at about 500ft at 11.40am - he got a great view, but still couldn't believe his eyes!

When I got there in the afternoon, every time we heard an engine, we dived out the back door, as we were sure the BBMF Spitfire and the Hurricane would be following the same route home. Rewarded later on when the two British Icons flew past - further away and higher up, but by God, Merlins sound good from any distance! Silhouetted against the clouds with the sun glinting off them - very evocative sight and sound. 70 years since the Battle of Britain, but NEVER forgotten.

Battle of Britain Day on 15th Sept. - spare a moment of thought for 'the Few' and 'the Many' who kept them in the air. If it wasn't for them, we'd be saluting pictures of a twisted wee turd in a crappy moustache!

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    Battle of Britain Day on 15th Sept. - spare a moment of thought for 'the Few' and 'the Many' who kept them in the air. If it wasn't for them, we'd be saluting pictures of a twisted wee turd in a crappy moustache!
    Yeah we would have been all driving German cars as well- oh wait a mo we are………..
    In saying that they do say without the Second world war we would be in the 1970’s there is no way I could live with flairs.

Joking aside I’ve watched too many documentaries not to hold the Crews and support staff in the highest regard.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

cooperchris
    Good pics

Got a good few pics from last year, Didnt come up this year cause the weather didnt look to good. Looks like it turned out alright though.

They had the Vulcan there last year aswell, It is an awsome lookin thing. What a size when you see it in the air
    Last edited by cooperchris; 13th September 2010 at 11:00 PM.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Nice pics! Didn't get to the Airshow, but was down to see pal Bill and his wife at Blyth Bridge yesterday, and the Lancaster from the BBMF had flown over near his house at about 500ft at 11.40am - he got a great view, but still couldn't believe his eyes!

When I got there in the afternoon, every time we heard an engine, we dived out the back door, as we were sure the BBMF Spitfire and the Hurricane would be following the same route home. Rewarded later on when the two British Icons flew past - further away and higher up, but by God, Merlins sound good from any distance! Silhouetted against the clouds with the sun glinting off them - very evocative sight and sound. 70 years since the Battle of Britain, but NEVER forgotten.

Yep, my dad and I were saying that although the noise and the vibration of the jet engines are awsome, the Merlin's sound gorgeous, and nice deep throaty note!

Hogman
    Thought about going until I saw the participants list and thought it was rather poor! Apart from th F-4F and the B-52 nothing really there that was exciting enough to warrant the drive or the cost. Shame as Leuchars in the past used to be one of the best airshows going. The USAF still got the B-52 and KC-135 there so atleast they did send something!

Bring back the Hogs and Varks and things will start to look up again!

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Sav112 Yeah we would have been all driving German cars as well- oh wait a mo we are
    The irony wasn't lost on me.... but 'Lest We Forget' we've covered/argued about the 'origins' of New MINI many times before, and although it certainly wouldn't have happened without BMW's (who built engines in WW2 for the Luftwaffe planes which were bombing us!) huge investment in cash, plant, skills etc, initially there was a fair amount of British engineering input and obviously an American designer - so the 'German Cars' title isn't strictly true.

Not that I have any problems with Germany or Germans, lovely country and lovely people in my experience.

By the way Hogman - Spitfire, Hurricane and Lancaster? Surely you would exempt them from your 'Rather Poor' category? If there's a more emotive sight and sound, I've yet to see and hear it.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    If there's a more emotive sight and sound, I've yet to see and hear it.
    Well said wee man
    Although any old Triumph twin running on open pipes runs them pretty close or for sheer noise how about the 350cc Honda 6 riden by Mike Hailwood in the nid 60's....puts them new fangled V10 F1 car to shame
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Spitfire, Hurricane and Lancaster
    All 3 did a flypast at last years Bo'Ness hill climb What a sight and sound
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'