Leuchars Airshow 2010

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Car
    F56 Cooper
    Well went to Leuchars again for the first time since 2006. Have to say I thought it was now over priced and the display seemed a bit thin in places. It's never really been the same IMO since the USAF stopped displaying aircraft, but I totally understand the logistics of fighting a war in another country. Anyway, took a few pics. The flying ones came out ok-ish considering I only had my kit lens with me but need a bit of work, so a'l get them up at some point. I also took some static shots which I have below. As always, comments good or bad welcome, and any advice also greatly received!

MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4

Cracking pics Neil.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post

Cracking pics Neil.

A.
    Thanks Andy. I think the first one, the Vulcan and the Eurofighter in BW are my favourite! My dad has nicked the Tornado one and stuck it as his desktop wallpaper already lol!

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    We saw the Vulcan yersterday at Bo'ness doing two fly pasts at the Hill Climb Revival . Did she take off & land at the show this year again?

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post

Cracking pics Neil.

A.
    Ditto
    Stephen & Allyson

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I let myself down by thinking about going to it and doing only that…..Love how close you can get. Can you actually walk under the Vulcan like the people in the pictures or were they flight crew?

Was there an WWII stuff?
    Great pictures.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombers View Post
    We saw the Vulcan yersterday at Bo'ness doing two fly pasts at the Hill Climb Revival . Did she take off & land at the show this year again?

Nope.. she arrived from somewhere else and landed on the base.. Flippin awesome as always! There were a few nice old machines up this year, Couple of old Saabs, F86, Vampire and a quad display team of Hunters.. Loved the Dutch f-16 popping flares going vertical too!
    Have to see if i can get some of the shots I took up soon too.. Far too many Aussie ones to do first tho!

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sav112 View Post
    I let myself down by thinking about going to it and doing only that…..Love how close you can get. Can you actually walk under the Vulcan like the people in the pictures or were they flight crew?

Was there an WWII stuff?
    Great pictures.
    That was just the flight crew unfortunately.. Commentator was sayingt hat the money they have in the fund to keep the old bird flying is about to run out Sad news!

Couple of Spitfires and the hurricane and Lanc as usual for WW2 stuff

Gotta love the German Phantom too. Apparently it only has about 70 hours flying time left on the airframe

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by Burple View Post
    Gotta love the German Phantom too. Apparently it only has about 70 hours flying time left on the airframe
    Yeah the Phantom is an absolute monster. Its awsome to see it flying as the engines are really smokey and leaves a very distinctive look and sound when its flying! Shame i've not seen one flying since about 2004 :(

I dunno what you think, but I couldn't help but think they were milking the fact the Typhoon is the new kid, and pretty much over shadowed the Tornado and pushed it to the back? I remember years past when they had about 6 Tornado's in the sky at once!

GCA3N
    Great pics :thumbs: