Monza 2010

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    baptie
    Alonso is a dick end off.
    Yup, Have to agree!

Top race, loved from start to finish.
    I am loving the start/finish commentary with Jake, DC & Jordon. what a laugh.
    Loved the Vettel Interview, Big Webber was FUMMIN'

Car
    2004 works s
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dogfather View Post
    Yes, I watch the entire race and failed to see anything that would have made me think he was anything special, he had a faster car than Button but didn't manage to string together an overtaking manoeuvre despite the ferrari's obvious straight line advantage.

Did you watch the last race where he crashed out?
    yes i did see him crash out unfortunatly but at least he done it clawing back a good few positions unlike hamilton who crashed out today not even making it round the first lap!!

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    Alonso is a dick end off.
    At's a pity, he speaks highly of you, he he

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Alonso is massively overrated and a moaning little git to boot. I guess it just means that championship race is hotting up...
    Canny quite match 'massively overrated' & double world champion

Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Forza Fernando, ........ get RIGHT in there
    Last edited by Crombers; 13th September 2010 at 12:22 AM.

The Dogfather
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombers View Post
    Canny quite match 'massively overrated' & Former double world champion
    You missed out a key word from that sentence. You could argue he's just like Schumacher who's 7 times World Champion and no longer good enough. Remember how he was outperformed by a rookie driver with the same car at Mclaren?

Unfortunately its impossible to accurately gauge how good driver's are because there's no way of knowing how much is down to the car and how much is down to the driver. What you can see are unforced errors and Alonso has made quite a few this season.

The Dogfather
    Quote Originally Posted by minimad View Post
    yes i did see him crash out unfortunatly but at least he done it clawing back a good few positions unlike hamilton who crashed out today not even making it round the first lap!!
    Hamilton crashed because he was racing for position something he does better than any other driver in F1 at the moment IMO. He took a chance and got it wrong, he was the first to admit it afterwards. From what I remember Alonso spun it in the wet when he had wets on and was under no pressure.

Car
    2004 works s
    Hamilton crashed because he was racing for position something he does better than any other driver in F1 at the moment IMO. He took a chance and got it wrong, he was the first to admit it afterwards. From what I remember Alonso spun it in the wet when he had wets on and was under no pressure.
    what?? he crashed out because of total inexperience and is lucky hes not under invesigation for dangerous driving!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    what?? he crashed out because of total inexperience and is lucky hes not under invesigation for dangerous driving!
    If you look at the replays he actually didn't have anywhere to go, someone was right behind him, I'd argue that Hamilton actually was on the racing line with Massa cutting into him as well, for me it's a driving incident and not worthy of a full investigation

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Well I watched the highlights this morning and thought it was pretty boring to be honest. But I have to say that you can't really say that Hamilton doesn't have much experience, he took the championshiop down to the wire in his first season in F1, won it in his second season, and drove in the pack for most of that season unscathed in an under performing car. I'd also hardly say that it was a dangerous manuover, he was racing for position and 'tapped' Massa's car, not causing him to deviate from his line, or cause any damage. Niko Hulkinburg, now that was dangerous driving. What about Fernando leading on Jenson off the start line trying to defend his position. Yes he's allowed to do that, but he should of made a better start and beaten Jenson to the first corner. And if anything, I'd say Mark Webber had the best drive yesterday, poor start and too cautious in the first corner, but two brilliant overtaking manuovers, how many did Fernando make, 1....in the pit lane!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.