San Marino Moto GP **SPOILER**

I have only come in here to pass on my condolences to MOTO2 rider Shoya Tomizawas family and friends after he died in hospital from his injuries sustained during todays race at San Marino.

Very sad week for motorsport indeed.
    Last edited by zimbo; 5th September 2010 at 09:16 PM.

GCA3N
    Very sad news indeed

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Watched the crash live and was surprised to hear that at the time no one had received life threatening injuries.
    Not to take anything away from the organisers, but, i honestly feel the race should have been red flagged (stopped) and that extreme medical assistance given to him at the scene, am just wondering how much more damage may have been caused by clearing him away from the track before the bikers came around again.

An extremely sad weekend again considering the young lad Lenz was also killed last week at Indianapolis from a similar incident

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    sad day
    New sig coming soon

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    An absolute shocker They even dropped poor Scott Reading while he was being carried off on the streatcher.....shocking
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    An absolute shocker They even dropped poor Scott Reading while he was being carried off on the streatcher.....shocking
    I seen that Gordy it was absolutely shocking the way the clear up was handled.

Well I am SO glad that I didnt see the actual accident because it must have been awful to watch. Like the rest of you have said I am surprised as well that they didnt red flag the race at the time, but apparently they say there was no need to do that because all the riders recieved medical attention immediately at the scene at the marshals point.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by zimbo View Post
    Well I am SO glad that I didnt see the actual accident because it must have been awful to watch. Like the rest of you have said I am surprised as well that they didnt red flag the race at the time, but apparently they say there was no need to do that because all the riders recieved medical attention immediately at the scene at the marshals point.
    I watched it and it was not nice, horrible when you see that and know the outcome.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by zimbo View Post
    apparently they say there was no need to do that because all the riders recieved medical attention immediately at the scene at the marshals point.
    Aye....that was after they had dragged them of the track to the marshal point Everyone knows that the last thing you do after a major accident is move the injured individual or remove his helmet
    My new Arai motocross helmet actually has tabs attached to the ear pads that enable them to be removed by the paramedics to make taking your helmet off less traumatic to any spinal/neck injury
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'