Absolutley disgusted at NMS User Antihero3000

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Wheelspin Kid
    Car
    mini cooper red/white
    Not nice at all

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    ...he slags off nms on mini torque any chance he gets ... my advice... Don't sell anything to him or buy anything he has to sell...
    Thats disgusting what he has done, NMS is a brilliant place for very nice people who try to help each other if and when possible etc etc and it is not a place for people who act like this, selling items on before they have even GOT the items from anyone else. AND as for Craigs post about this guy slagging NMS off on another website, thats just totally out of hand, he should just p*ss off and go else where coz we certainly DO NOT want his type on this forum. You mods should just get rid of him. (For the slagging!!)

camjay
    Not nice!!!

antihero3000
    As much as I appreciate the chance for you all to gather round and give me a hard time i've done nothing wrong here.

1) I have lost my job. I was laid off three weeks ago and this is my last week of garden leave. It's not an easy time for me and members on here deciding otherwise doesn't make things any easier.

2) I bought the dash fair and square. I paid the asking price and I paid on time. I in no way messed the seller about. It was sold because I decided to free up some cash and didn't want to go back on the agreement we'd made. I sold several other parts from my car including my recaros, exhaust manifold, wheels, etc due to my job situation. The dash was up for £300 as I expected to take an offer on it, which I did. Yet another assumption that has been made without asking me for the facts.

3) I also bought the mirror caps fair and square from JC's. I paid the asking price and I paid on time. They were sold because I swapped my car for one with power folding mirrors which meant they would no longer fit. By the time they were shipped out very little if any profit was made.

I'm not sure why NMS members feel it's necessary to start a thread complaining about me. No one has bothered to speak to me in person and I haven't messed anyone about or taken advantage of their good nature. If anyone feels like I have PM me and we'll sort it out. Otherwise can a mod please close this thread?

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    I didn't once complain that you messed me around, that you didn't pay or that you didn't pay on time. Payment was immediate when delivery was on it's way to you, and you didn't argue about the price.

My complaint is the underhand way in which you "sold" our items for a higher price before you even "bought" them from us. This wasn't simply deciding to "free up some cash", it was deliberate profiteering on the good nature of a fellow MINI owner.

My complaint about this doesn't lie with the transaction itself, my complaint lies with your principles and the way you clearly purchased the goods in order to profit from them immediately.

I'm not prepared to PM you about this at all, I would prefer our discussion was held in public for all to see.

And as I'm an Admin on this site, no I'm not prepared to close the thread either.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

R32GTR
    I don't see what all the hoo haa is about, i do this all time albeit with land and commodities 90% of the time i don't even see what im selling.

The chap has lost his job which is never nice and had clearly had to see a lot of bits of his car which he would have rather kept who cares if he makes a bit of cheeky profit on them he £300 isnt bad for all that lot considering its not made any more, if anything its your fault for under pricing them some people get ahead in life some people take a loss i know which id rather be.

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by R32GTR View Post
    ...if anything its your fault for under pricing them some people get ahead in life some people take a loss i know which id rather be.

Thanks for the heads-up. I won't be doing any deals with you, just in case you are trying to "get ahead in life" at my expense.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by R32GTR View Post
    I don't see what all the hoo haa is about, i do this all time albeit with land and commodities 90% of the time i don't even see what im selling.

The chap has lost his job which is never nice and had clearly had to see a lot of bits of his car which he would have rather kept who cares if he makes a bit of cheeky profit on them he £300 isnt bad for all that lot considering its not made any more, if anything its your fault for under pricing them some people get ahead in life some people take a loss i know which id rather be.
    I think the biggest problem with it all, is that Andy wasn't under selling, he could of stuck it on fleabay and made more money, but he gave us, his friends the first bite at the cherry. I know that if I bought something from another user, even if I didn't like it or want it anymore, I wouldn't then try and make a profit out of it. I think the worst part is that he didn't even own the parts yet, thats the bit that's annoyed Andy.

And just for a heads up, there is more to life than money! And its clear that he's 'gotten ahead' financially but 'taken a loss' when it comes to respect, and I know which i'd rather have!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    I think the biggest problem with it all, is that Andy wasn't under selling, he could of stuck it on fleabay and made more money, but he gave us, his friends the first bite at the cherry. I know that if I bought something from another user, even if I didn't like it or want it anymore, I wouldn't then try and make a profit out of it. I think the worst part is that he didn't even own the parts yet, thats the bit that's annoyed Andy.

And just for a heads up, there is more to life than money! And its clear that he's 'gotten ahead' financially but 'taken a loss' when it comes to respect, and I know which i'd rather have!
    Neil, thank you for your reply. I couldn't have put it better myself.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    I'm genuinely sorry Antihero has lost his job, been there, and it's obviously not good, and is at least a mitigating circumstance - needing the cash from selling the bits on, but if they were sold on for more dosh even BEFORE Andy had 'delivered' them at his own expense and time, well... it might have been decent to get the 'final purchaser' to pick them up from Andy and save him the hassle, or maybe offer to split the difference with him for that hassle. I think that's Andy's point.

I am pretty certain 'R32 GTR' was going to take some of my bits at one stage - R53 Exhaust rings a bell... he at least expressed a serious interest, but it came to nothing. The 'land and commodities' deals - fair do's, that's his business, but he's surely not saying that buying parts on NMS from your 'fellow members' (who are doing the deal in good faith usually at knock-down prices) and selling them on for profit is OK? This 'Screw you, I'm in it for the money' attitude SUCKS and doesn't really have a place in NMS. Pure 80's Thatcherite Sh**e. Best of luck with if you're ever genuinely looking for parts on NMS, I'd be surprised if anybody would deal with you for fear that you're trying to make a quick buck at their expense. 'Hoo' and indeed, 'Haa'.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!