Absolutley disgusted at NMS User Antihero3000

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    This person bought our leather dash and downtubes which appeared in our recent sale of items stripped out of our red MINI.

The sale and price were agreed by PM on 30th August.

Yesterday, Thursday 2nd September, the goods were delivered by me to a friend of Antihero3000 in Tranent. We were in the Edinburgh area to hand over to Antihero3000 himself but he was unable to make the meet so he asked if we could drop off at his friends house. We were prepared to do this as the sale had gone smoothly and it was only a 40 mile detour from our route.

We have just seen on a thread on MINI Torque that Antihero3000 himself put the same goods up for sale two days before we even delivered them. AT A PROFIT OF £50 OVER WHAT HE PAID US FOR THEM.

Perhaps I'm a bit naive but I didn't think people in the MINI community and especially on NMS in particular would do such a thing to another member.

I accept that antihero3000 has done nothing illegal, but morally this makes me sick.

If he had purchased the goods, then a few days later decided, for whatever reason, they were not for him and put them back up for sale for the same price he paid for them I would not have blinked an eyelid. But it's quite clear to us, we were being used to make a quick buck from, taking advantage of our good nature.

So, a warning to ALL NMS users... You would be well advised to be very careful doing any kind of sale or purchase with this user.

Someone clearly hasn't heard the phrase... "You don't sh!t in your own backyard!"

Absolutely disgusted.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    Andy,

Regarding your items, its also happened to myself when i had my 75% sale happening.

2 chequered mirror caps were up for sale for something insainly cheap and i recieved a text from a member (not naming names) asking the details on who bought my ones and then made aware the ones i sold were being sold at full retail on another forum a day or so later.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    That’s a bit off I have to agree, I’d like to think if I was buying anything from a member on here they were Selling at a decent price hence a wee bit grateful of a good deal.

I know you must feel its a sort of Member to Member slap in the face.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

GCA3N
    Not so good Andy not good at all. I had a similar thing when I sold craig's exhaust. I bought it through craig's silent auction for charity and it's no secret I got it for £75 which I kinda felt bad about but it was an auction and no one else made a bid.

Anyway the thing is when I recently sold it I could have easily asked for any thing up to £150-200 but though it was ethically wrong. Even after I told Craig about it he said "don't be silly get what you can for it" I never.

I actually think this could be worse though and like you say putting it up for sale before even receiving it is well out of order, especially as you went out your way to hand deliver it.

Anyway I can sell you a very nice R53 leather dash thing I recently came across £450 and it's yours.

it's annoying that he managed to make a profit of £50 he should've just said to you that he was selling them on .......as long as he paid your asking price without any problems.

I've had the very same thing happen to me from a member on here they bought something from me and then sold on a few months later via ebay and they made a good profit

However they paid me the price I asked for so I can't complain.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    it's annoying that he managed to make a profit of £50 he should've just said to you that he was selling them on .......as long as he paid your asking price without any problems.

I've had the very same thing happen to me from a member on here they bought something from me and then sold on a few months later via ebay and they made a good profit

However they paid me the price I asked for so I can't complain.
    It's a timescale thing too Fi. If he'd had the dash for a few months and then sold it on, I'd have no reason to argue with it, no matter what he got for it. Honestly, I don't even remember what I paid the Fossies for the bits. I seem to remember there were some Opera tickets in the deal. But we've added the leather down tubes to the pack as well, which we didn't get from the Fossies.

But this guy has clearly thought he'd take advantage of the fact I was clearly asking too little for the dash, and thought he'd make a quick buck out my naivety.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

aye it's annoying as I said he should have said and then leave it you whether you wanted to make the sale to him.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    R55 Cooper S Clubman
    What an underhand thing to do! Like you said, if he'd bought them and then changed his mind fair enough but to post them up for sale before he'd even got them was a calculated move. Not good!

Delboy
    Hmm, tend to agree with you Andy - NMS members really shouldn't do this kind of thing to each other .

Unfortunately, some folk in this world are always looking to make a quick buck at other people's expense and, in my opinion, it says something about the type of person that they are.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I did think that someone that had lost his job (which is crap). Didn't have the money to buy this but it would appear he was selling them on.... Again not the way to conduct yourself but he slags off nms on mini torque any chance he gets ... my advice... Don't sell anything to him or buy anything he has to sell...