advice on cleaning kit

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    well you could do what I do........ wash your own car and tell your husband not to bother, although my Allan has been well trained on my preferred washing/cleaning/polishing procedure for both the car and the house. LOL
    Cooper Coupe...

Lady Mck
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    well you could do what I do........ wash your own car and tell your husband not to bother, although my Allan has been well trained on my preferred washing/cleaning/polishing procedure for both the car and the house. LOL
    old dogs etc....wash my own car?? are you kidding?? I don't mind doing the interior but not washing it...might enjoy polishing it..now I have a mini...didn't like washing landrover I had before !!

Doug_m
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Mck View Post
    thnaks for all the advice! I may need to re-train hubby on car washing techniques so what can you recommend...he usually uses bucket,sponges,chamois and hose to rinse
    so a new method,especially if it's better ,would be gratefully received! ..fancy coming and washing it cos he's a bit grubby!! ?
    Change the sponge for a MF/lambswool mitt and the chamois for a plush drying towel as they are some of the best ways to damage your car... Sponge and chamois i mean!

Its only the past year i have started getting an*l about mine but what a difference it makes. And also use two buckets. One for shampoo other plain water for rinsing mitt between shampoo dips :)

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by dug13889 View Post
    Change the sponge for a MF/lambswool mitt and the chamois for a plush drying towel as they are some of the best ways to damage your car... Sponge and chamois i mean!

Its only the past year i have started getting an*l about mine but what a difference it makes. And also use two buckets. One for shampoo other plain water for rinsing mitt between shampoo dips :)
    Spot on

Lady Mck
    so I went and bought 2 new buckets,polishing cloths,wash mitt,lambswool mitt and microfibre towel and today hubby used his new gifts ( ha ha ) to wash my mini ! He did a good job don't you think? and he was mosy impressed with the mitts!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0702.jpg   100_0703.jpg  
    Last edited by Lady Mck; 5th September 2010 at 05:40 PM. Reason: remove attachments

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Very nice and you can be happy your Hubby is not out there washing with that dirty sponge. On the Wool mit wash it only with cold water as hot will just kill it and to be honest if your keeping in a garage or hut I'd leave it damp in the bucket as it will last longer.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Sav112 View Post
    Very nice and you can be happy your Hubby is not out there washing with that dirty sponge. On the Wool mit wash it only with cold water as hot will just kill it and to be honest if your keeping in a garage or hut I'd leave it damp in the bucket as it will last longer.
    I always do the second thing Stewart but I always wash with warm water using the mit.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Sorry I meant that was don’t run your mit under the hot tap to clean it after the wash, I have it in warn water as well in the Bucket.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Sav112 View Post
    Sorry I meant that was don’t run your mit under the hot tap to clean it after the wash, I have it in warn water as well in the Bucket.

I see Stewart.

Doug_m
    Good work :)

Keep it up.

I always rinse my lambswool mitt and hang it to dry. Never had any problems with it.