Reconditioned midland gearbox

lowrider
    Hello all

Not surprisingly my midlands gearbox on my 2002 cooper is on its way out.
    I have been given a quote for replacement by minigearboxes.co.uk who come recommended by mini2 members. They have a Glasgow service centre who have quoted exchange gearbox for £325.00 / £490 Fitted / £595 with a clutch(reconditioned boxes). Surcharge of £170 if your maincase is damaged. This seems quite reasonable as it comes with a 12 month/12000 mile warranty. They do not fit Getrag 5 speed due to the amount of boxes which have the diff bolts come out of the crownwheel which was the alternative box that I had considered meaning the box would be a like for like replacement.

Can anyone recommend a garage in/around Glasgow who could supply & fit a gearbox.
    All advice appreciated
    Last edited by lowrider; 1st August 2010 at 10:26 AM.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Speak to Craig Noble who works from knockhill. . He can let you know where to buy a box from (as racers tear thro them ) and he may be able to fit for you

lowrider
    Any contact details? Can't find him to send pm.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    He is C.Noble on here. Send him a pm. If you don't get a response in a few days, let me know and I'll dig out him phone number

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    To be honest thats not a bad price at all. I would defo get the clutch done at the same time.

lowrider
    Job done. strathclyde transmissions in Rutherglen good price and a good garage, staff are very approachable. Clutch and gearbox done for £600 with 12mth warranty.
    Last edited by GCA3N; 30th August 2010 at 01:06 PM.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Job done. strathclyde transmissions in Rutherglen good price and a good garage, staff are very approachable. Clutch and gearbox done for £600 with 12mth warranty.
    Glad you got it sorted, seems like not too bad a price.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Just hope you don't have to test how good the warranty is

Car
    F56 MINI COOPER S Thunder grey
    at our work all our gearboxes are reconditioned by alpine transmissions would recommend them they can supply or supply and fit

F56 MINI Cooper S, thunder grey, john cooper works body kit colour coded jcw pro front splitters Maxton design roof spoiler extensions, JCW rear bumper diffuser, wheel arches side skirts, fuel cap, heads up display, black door handles headlamp and tail light trims, ac schnitzer front splitter maxton design side skirt extensions, ultra racing strut brace