Jcw r53 - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    GCA3N
    I would compromise flappy paddles every day of the week to get Andy and Lenore's R53. Besides I think unless you've driven one who knows he might like it

It is supposed to one of he best ones too.

sheilz as far as advice on looking where can you start, it's a mini and you know that sometimes they come with baggage. Even if you buy a good one from someone you know there is always a risk. Best rule of thumb I can think is buy as new as you can afford with the least amount of miles. You might even pick up a later R53 still with a little TLC (ie early 2006 one)

Doug_m
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbes View Post
    He can always have a go of mine Sheilz, as long as he is gentle
    Aww widdle steve not like a good thrashing...

Nothing particular about the JCW to watch out for than any other R53. Timing chain tensioner, power steering pump, strut-tower mushrooming, can't think of anything else off the top of my head right now

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

have you seen this car for sale over on nothernmini
    http://forums.northernmini.co.uk/sho...416#post107416
    Cooper Coupe...

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Hi guys first of all thank you all for the taking the time to reply. Darren is still looking around and keen on a jcw though someone had advised him to go the S modded to jcw route. However he has been told by his Mrs that he needs to sell his Masda 6 first. Anyone interested in one of these? Its the mega fast model with the turbo. 54 plate.

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    well i have to say if he is going to mod it power wise then he is better off with a standard s
    New sig coming soon

The JCW gives you a better base to mod from than a standard S , especially second-hand where you aren't paying the £3.5k premium a new one was. JCW airbox (once you've ITG and de-flapped it), JCW injectors, 11% pulley, and JCW exhaust (one you've de-res'd it and removed the flat section in front of the split) are all mods you'd do to an S, so it saves you the hassle. And you can change the pulley etc later, once you've done the intercooler etc.

You'd have to replace all these on a normal S, and at least JCW keeps the OEM look. Just leaves the usual intercooler, manifold etc to do.

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Update re: hunt for Darren's mini. He drooled over Andy and Lenore's one and the one on Northernmini, but these are over his budget. He's been in touch with someone about a possible part exchange through a dealer but the dealer took the piss with his offer on Darren's car. Another buyer has come forward for his Mazda 6mps with double the offer from the garage so now he has his eye on a chilli red S from the central belt which is advertised on pistonheads. http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2015171.htm
    Sorry not sure how to put the link up properly.
    Said to Darren I'd ask around here if anyone knows this car or anything about it.

Thanks guys and Andy I am sooooooooo disappointed that your one is out of budget - LOL wouldn't be sitting on 20K miles for long if I got my mitts on it!!

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheilz View Post
    Update re: hunt for Darren's mini. He drooled over Andy and Lenore's one and the one on Northernmini, but these are over his budget. He's been in touch with someone about a possible part exchange through a dealer but the dealer took the piss with his offer on Darren's car. Another buyer has come forward for his Mazda 6mps with double the offer from the garage so now he has his eye on a chilli red S from the central belt which is advertised on pistonheads. http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2015171.htm
    Said to Darren I'd ask around here if anyone knows this car or anything about it.

Thanks guys and Andy I am sooooooooo disappointed that your one is out of budget - LOL wouldn't be sitting on 20K miles for long if I got my mitts on it!!
    That's really nice, oh and the best colour too.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheilz View Post

this is just a standard s i thinlk !!!!!! cos if you have a look at tis photo
    http://www.pureperformancecars.com/g.../dsc01546.html

there is no works badge and also no works badge on the air box it just has the areo kit fitted
    New sig coming soon