naming your car.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    Well mine is called Roxy. The wife named it. I wanted to call it Stella, as in the new Italian Job, Stella drove the red one, but she decided that wasn't cool. I never normally name cars, but for some strange reason, it has stuck with this one! Possibly works purely because no two mini's are alike, and as such, take on a bit of a personality!

**oh hang on, in standing on something, must be the gay card I dropped**
    but i'm the only gay in the village

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    The guy I bought my GP from said he was called "Gerry the GP"
    and do you call it that too?

Car
    R55 Cooper S Clubman
    I am embarrased to say that my Cooper is named "Alice". Her Mini badge on the back says Alice instead of Mini. (I hide my head in shame)

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash_Amber View Post
    I am embarrased to say that my Cooper is named "Alice". Her Mini badge on the back says Alice instead of Mini. (I hide my head in shame)

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    Ive not done it as Im not a woman nor am I a homosexual.
    Just proves you should never believe what you read in the tabloids.....

ALL my Mini/MINIs have simply been 'MIN'. Spike Milligan had a succession of Classic Minis and he called them 'Min 1', 'Min 2' etc. What was good enough for Spike is good enough for me!

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    R55 Cooper S Clubman
    My classic mini is called 'Mabel', she just looks like a Mabel!

C.Noble
    I dont give road cars any names... well on occasion they have been called "you vicious b*st*rd!" Basil Fawlty style if they have refused to start!

I have always named everyone of MY race cars I have ever worked on, and all bar one has been named after attractive famous women for some reason or other...

Caroline (my stock car, named after Caroline Corr)

MINIs currently racing;

Andrea (named after Andrea Corr)

Sharon (WeeFee Wallace, and ex Dryden car, named after Sharon Corr)

...ran out of Corrs!

Mariah (ex Kenny Thirlwall car, named after Mariah Carey)

Kelly (A black, pretty looking car, now David Sleighs car, named after Kelly Rowland)

Sheryl (named after Sheryl Crow)

Keira (Chris Pearsons old car, named after Keira Knightly... it was an English championship car, and Keira was about the most english bird i could think of!!)

Nicole (ex Alan "Woohoo" Waugh car, currently a 280kg coffee table... named after Nicole Sherzinger/Kidman... never could make up my mind on that one!)

Charlize (H.Brandons current car, so named because I went to see the beautiful Charlize Theron in the Italian Job last year at AndyPs while building her!)

Anna (Alan Waughs "stand in" car built from a rolling shell... named after Anna Kournikova.... like the real deal, we dont really care what she can or cant do, we were only interested in her body!)

Alicia (Alans new car, named after Alicia Keys, because she looks the prettiest where it matters!)

Michelle (Knoxies R56 JCW car, named after Michelle Rodriguez.... cause she is good looking, in a raw kind of way, but was a total bitch and fought with me the whole way to get her finished off and loves to draw blood while you work on her.... I can see her mowing down zombies if she got the chance!)

Hayley (Chris Smileys car, named after Hayley Williams of Paramore... can I get a "Mmmmmm... Hayley from all the guys in the room?)

Other formulas

Leona (Kenny Thirlwalls Van Dieman Formula Ford, named after Leona Lewis, because from humble beginnings, its a cortina engine FFS! a impressive star is born!)

Pam (an old March F2 i used to look after, after Pam Anderson... the car did have some nice curves!)

The exception to the rule.... The P34 six wheeled tyrrell was so weird she had to get a weird name... so she was called "The six legged squirrel"
    Last edited by C.Noble; 24th August 2010 at 02:32 PM.

I blush to admit that my cars get names. The current one is called "Daisy". Which is what happens when you let a five-year-old choose. My last Cooper was called "Henry", after the boxer. Possibly a mistake, as it's bonnet was mashed by a falling chimney a month after I got it. A couple of years on and some black ice resulted in a badly mashed front end. Nicely fixed, though, and cured the persistent rattles in the dash it had had from new!!
    R56 Cooper, pepper white/black, feck all extras.

Car
    Mini Cooper
    All my Minis have had names because Helen has named them
    My classic is "Tig" short for Tigger because he bounces so much
    My S is "Zippy"

Previous Coopers have been "Stu", "Bob", "OJ"

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Stewart View Post
    All my Minis have had names because Helen has named them
    My classic is "Tig" short for Tigger because he bounces so much
    My S is "Zippy"

Previous Coopers have been "Stu", "Bob", "OJ"

Nice one

Think "Bob" is a great name......makes me think of Blackadder, which probably fits your sense of humour Duncan?