Anyone done the R56 Channel reverse?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    SuperCooperS
    The best way to upgrade is to fit a good set of component 6.5" in the front and some compact subs in the rear. Tap into the rear signal at the point where you 'channel swap' and fit a line out convertor and take that feed to a 4 way amp.

The alternative to the compact sub rears is a full size boot sub. Hell, if money is no object then fit a full sound/time alignment processor like a Audison Bit One.[/QUOTE]

Hi Vidal.. have you done either of these..Id like to do something to improve the sounds.. dont dont want to spent too much

Delboy... I do know some of the guys have done the 50 quid upgrade and said it has made a difference.. but is it a noticable improvement for the minimal cost..

The Dogfather
    Yes, I've done it a fairly comprehensive upgrade, pics can be found here: -

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/for...-Audio-Install

There's nearly £2000 of kit that went into my old clubby, and it sounded rather good IMO

However, you can spend a lot less and still get a very respectable sound. The key thing is to spend wisely.

Are you wanting to upgrade in stages, improving bits at a time, or just work to one budget and not spend anymore?

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    It is noticeable but it's never going to give you Harman Kardon lol I think people expect miracles with this.

it just makes a really bad stereo slightly more bearable. Have to say however the stereo in my new car sounds better than the old and I havent done the channel swap or feel the need to.

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

The Dogfather
    You should see the speakers that you get in the MINI, flimsy paper cones, thin wires and low quality connectors. All positioned very poorly, I mean tweeters halfway down the doors, eh?. Hardly surprising it sounds so bad.

L Plates
    Car
    07 r56
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazthemod View Post
    Seen a post about this on TOTALMINI and thought I would give this a shot. Basically as we all know the R56 stereo is pretty poor and can't really punch any bass out.

This mod reverses the front and rear speakers so the bass signal goes to the back speakers as it should have in the first place!

The result - the larger rear speakers now handle the bass instead of the fronts. System sounds much crisper now and finally has some depth to it.

Takes about 45mins to do but totally worth it... best of all its free!
    Did it brilliant difference also very easy,I just followed youtube vid,if u want a diagram of which wires to swap just ask n I'll send it to you

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk