Anyone done the R56 Channel reverse?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    The Dogfather
    Some people are easily pleased when it comes to music in the car, channel swap or not the standard, HiFi and new HK units are pish.

It has to be aftermarket every time IMO.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Not doubting that, I’ve always been a bit disappointed with the mini set up but if it means its less pish by any measure then it’s a result in my book without the expensive Audio install.

My friend had a £1600 Audio install in his Renault 5 GT Turbo with Custom parts all trimmed with Sub, Amps, base tubes tweeters you name it and imported head unit. You could hear him a mile off but it was a work of art with a split charging system. He was extremely into car fidelity in the early 90's

To me it was very simple his was incredibly detailed and loud but it all came it at a cost too far. My Clarion at the time played MC Hammer well enough for me. It was a happy compromise to the radio shack or something that was originally in my Ax. A very small difference but well worth it.

Hammer time!
    Last edited by Stewart; 7th October 2010 at 09:10 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

The Dogfather
    My install in the MINI is probably at the same level as your friends in today's money, I'm obsessive about audio though.

Mine's about quality rather than volume, the weakest link is the car panels, they vibrate despite loads of deadening. MINIs just aren't built for good music installs

Car
    R56 S in Dark Silver. Oh Yeah.
    Just purchased one of the cables today as it happens. Will update on the difference as a few people have raved about it on NM.

GCA3N
    Your probably right folks about the standard system being crap, but it is a marked improvement once the channel swap is done.

GP BILLY
    Never have the stereo on in the GP
    whine whine whine all day long

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    You cant do it if you have the hi fi upgrade though
    Damn, that means me then, my car has the Harmon Kardon upgrade
    One of the main reasons i didn't like the R56 was due to the stereo

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    Damn, that means me then, my car has the Harmon Kardon upgrade
    One of the main reasons i didn't like the R56 was due to the stereo
    Yes, but presumably you get better sound from the HK system anyway!

Realistically the only way I am going to do this is by using Mike's adaptor - so the question is, is the improvement worth £45? Most of the time I am listening to the radio so would it still be worthwhile?

Trigger

Harmon Kardon only came back to the R56 in 2009/2010. prior it was the Hi-Fi upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    Yes, but presumably you get better sound from the HK system anyway!
    Cooper Coupe...