MINI Countryman JCW Accessories Previewed

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Very decent of you, I'll give you some Werther's Originals if you let me win the next time too.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    '55 plate Cooper S Checkmate
    TBH..I don't see a big deal with adding JCW extras to it...as far as I'm aware..probably most folk have done it to one if their Mini's at some point...JCW kits JCW exhausts..sound kits..wheels? I'm adding JCW exhaust soon..brakes..upping the power..am I tryin to be a JCW? :S

Yeah..some of it probs may not be BMW's brightest idea..but end of the day..that's what they have decided to go ahead with..nae point in flapping about over it! They'll still make money off it! lol..personally..I don't think they have been 100% in any model they have brought out! except the Checkmate ofcourse! ..I jest..

And yeah its a 4X4..but how many really are gonna be used for that purpose really?I know I wouldn't ha..like my Mum doesn't use her 4X4 for off roading and anyone else I know with a 4X4 lol..It's just gonna be a toy for someone..like my car is for me..my grown up toy..that I love to bits..and maybe yeah makes me look like a poser..people do look at me in my car..I drive about..with my shades on..windows down sunroof open tunes up! Do I care..nah! who doesn't like to look good? ha ha

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    I have lots of JCW stuff on my car, but it's all there for a purpose - to make the car go, stop and handle better, and seats to hold you better - so no problem at all with JCW parts. Just don't see the point of the big wheels and red brake ducts etc on the Countryman - it's all for show. Fair enough, in the end it's each to their own.
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 17th August 2010 at 12:29 AM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

The Dogfather
    If the JCW stuff move it back from being a crossover towards it just being a bigger MINI then that has to be a good thing.

99.9% of the JCW accessories are fine IMO, I don't like carbon personally but some people do, I respect their opinion. Mini's are all different, that's whats good about them.

But red brake ducts cross the line of taste and sensibility - I just can't imagine what would go through someone's head to actually pay more money for them!

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    99.9% of the JCW accessories are fine IMO, I don't like carbon personally but some people do, I respect their opinion. Mini's are all different, that's whats good about them.

But red brake ducts cross the line of taste and sensibility - I just can't imagine what would go through someone's head to actually pay more money for them!
    Your probably right but as others have stated BMW are one of the worst offenders for optional extras. If they think they can market jcw kit even when it shouldn't then they are bound too. Let's be honest you can almost double the price of a mini with optional extras alone.

Oh yeh regarding those red brake ducts there's no accounting for taste for some people, so you can wash your mouth out on the carbon fibre comment

the only thing I don't like is the GP style wheels. I would wanting 16's wrapped in Grabbers on my Countryman.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Could you get away with 16's on this as it is big.....
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Sav112 View Post
    Could you get away with 16's on this as it is big.....
    Yes but you could probably fit Dawn French into the resultant wheelgap.

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

The Dogfather
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    Yes but you could probably fit Dawn French into the resultant wheelgap.
    Eh? The radius of the tyre and wheel are (as near as dammit) the same. On the current model the 16" wheeled MINI has the smallest wheel gap of any standard size wheel