MINI Countryman JCW Accessories Previewed

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Car
    F56 Cooper
    I’m still not sold on the coupe, too much like a trinket to me and I know for sure if you had a brand new Works and the Coupe I’d go with the Works as to me it’s a Mini and looks like a Mini. The Roadster is looking nice all the same.

Certainly be lot of Mini brand on the roads all looking different.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Opinions on the car are accepted however the opinion on people buying them is a bit harsh! Daft people with too much money etc..

Considering the fact I could be selling these shortly along with the rest of the MINI range I don't see the problem having a model that suits everyone. They won't ever harm production of your precious hatch so embrace the fact that other models are designed to please people other than you

Also whats wrong with a company making money? Keeps MINI in business developing new and innovative ideas - be it new models or improving the hatchback.

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazthemod View Post
    Opinions on the car are accepted however the opinion on people buying them is a bit harsh! Daft people with too much money etc..

Considering the fact I could be selling these shortly along with the rest of the MINI range I don't see the problem having a model that suits everyone. They won't ever harm production of your precious hatch so embrace the fact that other models are designed to please people other than you

Also whats wrong with a company making money? Keeps MINI in business developing new and innovative ideas - be it new models or improving the hatchback.
    well if they passed some of it on to the the customer thru customer service then it may not be so bad but i do think some times they like to over price the range !!!
    New sig coming soon

Considering the fact I could be selling these shortly along with the rest of the MINI range...
    Something you want to tell us young pup?

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by zimbo View Post
    Yeh good point come on baz.

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom

Oh, so the cat's out of the bag then - a Corporate axe to grind?

Wake up son, the world IS full of daft people with too much money, and if you're lucky you'll get lots of them in your showroom! It's also full of smart people with not enough money. Nothing wrong with the company making a profit, did I say that? Don't think I did. They have a great product and they've certainly made plenty out of us since 2001. Fine by me - keeps lots of folk in GB in a job (unless it's the Countryman, which will keep folk in Austria in a job, but it's all fair do's).

'Other models designed to please people other than me'? You missed my point entirely - if you read the post properly and not in a haze of MINI Sales indignation, you'd have seen I wasn't having a go at the Countryman itself, and in fact said it had its place in the MINI line-up. According to BMW/MINI, the 'problem' with the hatch and the Clubbie was that they didn't fulfill certain criteria, hence the introduction of the Countryman to fill a gap in the range - so why then compromise the Countryman by trying to turn it into a 'JCW Lookalike' - the vehicle which suposedly wasn't up to scratch for the Countryman market segment BMW are after? That was my point. Embrace it.

Finally - 'Your Precious Hatch'? - that sounds a bit dismissive, condescending and quite a strange turn of phrase considering you've got one and you'll maybe be making a living selling them... to among others, enthusiasts like me. You certainly wouldn't be selling anything to me with that attitude mate! Anyway, best of luck with the Corporate Brainwashing Programme and as the Floyd said "Welcome to the Machine".
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 16th August 2010 at 12:09 AM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Haha this place is priceless these days, fish always bite.

Elfman I dont need to go back and re-read ur post... its not a personal attack on you for Christ sake. Expressing opinion its what a forum is for.

No brainwashing at all... my parents want a countryman... they don't have too much money or by any means are they daft - they love the brand but need a more practical car. They will also tick boxes and highly spec the car but this is apparently daft and throwing money down the drain.....?

Not condescending about the hatch... its called humor mate. Work hand in hand with sarcasm quite often. Hence why I own one and hence why i'm not being condescending about myself. Pretty self explanatory really. Calling somebody 'son' on the other hand....

But yeah thanks for the good luck wishes with the job, look forward to seeing you someday in the showroom! <Sarcasm and humor there by the way incase that wasnt clear>

:P
    Last edited by Bazthemod; 16th August 2010 at 01:53 AM.

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by zimbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    Yeh good point come on baz.
    lol not yet still lengthy process to go.... plus quite happy where I am so tough decision once it comes!

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Haha this place is priceless these days, fish always bite.

Elfman I dont need to go back and re-read ur post... its not a personal attack on you for Christ sake. Expressing opinion its what a forum is for.

No brainwashing at all... my parents want a countryman... they don't have too much money or by any means are they daft - they love the brand but need a more practical car. They will also tick boxes and highly spec the car but this is apparently daft and throwing money down the drain.....?

Not condescending about the hatch... its called humor mate. Work hand in hand with sarcasm quite often. Hence why I own one and hence why i'm not being condescending about myself. Pretty self explanatory really. Calling somebody 'son' on the other hand....

But yeah thanks for the good luck wishes with the job, look forward to seeing you someday in the showroom! <Sarcasm and humor there by the way incase that wasnt clear>

:P
    Thanks for that Baz, you've answered all my points exactly as I expected. I can recognise sarcasm and humour, so you must try using them properly sometime. Remember the whole thing was about the JCW Extras for the Countryman..... NOT NOT repeat NOT the Countryman itself.

I didn't take your post as a 'personal attack', and neither did Christ, but if what you're doing here is 'getting a fish to bite' with your unique blend of sarcasm and 'humour', well, this is all pretty pointless, and if you weren't being condescending, you were at least appearing to be contradictory - neither of which is remotely humorous.

On the 'ticking boxes' in the showroom, wait and see how much the MINI Dealer offers your folks for the 'Highly Specced' Countryman when they trade it in...... still, I'm sure you'll give them a decent deal though, even though they call you 'Son'. I really am sorry I said that, but didn't you get it? It was a slightly sarcastic and humorous term of endearment!

Oh and by the way, I've been around this site as long as you (very slightly longer in fact to be pedantic), so less of the 'These Days' thanks - I've always 'expressed my opinion' right from the start, it's not a new phenomenon. Now I've pulled your fish hook out of my face, I'll let you get on with it.
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 16th August 2010 at 09:12 AM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post

Oh and by the way, I've been around this site as long as you (very slightly longer in fact to be pedantic), so less of the 'These Days' thanks - I've always 'expressed my opinion' right from the start, it's not a new phenomenon. Now I've pulled your fish hook out of my face, I'll let you get on with it.
    Oh in that case thanks grandad you win