GP BILLY
    Nice 19" 5 spoke GP wheels

MINI Countryman JCW Accessories Previewed

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by GP BILLY View Post
    Nice 19" 5 spoke GP wheels
    How hard are they gonna be with runflats on
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    A 4x4 with 225/40s??

Sorry.. still looks boggin'!

..and we can't even nick the 19s!! [Homer]Stupid 5 stud wheels...[/Homer]

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    I find the Bicycle Carrying Device particularly attractive, and the way “Light Coffee Black” has captured the exact shade of Chocolate 'Angel Delight' is another winner. You wouldn't know whether to drive it or lick it (especially if you were daft enough to buy it). Top marks for the Red Brake Ducts too, they'll come in handy for scooping in the bog-water when you're Mud-Plugging with your 19" JCW 'GP Stylee' Wheels. Impressive.

Let's bring out a new model because the MINI can't do certain things.... and then spend bucketloads of dosh trying to get it to look and go like the MINI did. If you're going to have a family-friendly 4x4 MINI, fair do's, but stick with the plan and don't dilute it with stupid add-ons which make it less fit for its intended purpose. (Although arguably its intended purpose is the suburban school run). Manna from heaven for the Sales Department and the 'Tick-Box' buyers though - Kerrr-Chiiiiing! £€Â£€Â£€Â£€Â£€Â£€Â£€Â£€Â£€Â£€Â£€.

The sound you hear in the distance isn't a tuned R53, it's John Cooper turning in his grave.... the WRC car better win or he'll come back and haunt them forever.
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 13th August 2010 at 04:27 PM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

One word... ****. How many biscuits did they have in the meeting where they came up with the wheels? Hardly original.

And anyone, when speccing a car, ignores things as wheels, climate, leather etc. to decide 'What I really need are red brake ducts' will be shot. Because I'll hunt them down. Brake ducts = good. Red brake ducts? Please...

And how long until we see a GP with 19" five-spokes!?

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    ...And how long until we see a GP with 19" five-spokes!?
    And we know how THAT would help the ride and handling!!!! So not only is a 'JCW Countryman' a contradiction, it could inadvertently help to dynamically b***er a GP! BEWARE the creeping hand of the BMW Marketing Department.

I can't wait for 2012 and the MINI X6 JCW 'Olympic Edition' All-Terrain Camper Van Sports Coupe Convertible... with optional JCW Red painted Carbon Fibre Bike Rack. "Only £45K to you Mister".
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 15th August 2010 at 09:20 AM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    And we know how THAT would help the ride and handling!!!! So not only is a 'JCW Countryman' a contradiction, it could inadvertently help to dynamically b***er a GP! BEWARE the creeping hand of the BMW Marketing Department.

I can't wait for 2012 and the MINI X6 JCW 'Olympic Edition' All-Terrain Camper Van Sports Coupe Convertible... with optional JCW Red painted Carbon Fibre Bike Rack. "Only £45K to you Mister".

LOL and guess what there'll be somebody out there with mair money than brain cells who'll want to buy it

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Good old negativity ....

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

So we should all just accept what BMW decides to do and slavishly follow 'the newest thing'? I'll see your 'Negativity' and raise you 'Healthy Cynicism'.

Over the past few months I'd come to the conclusion that I don't disagree with the idea of the Countryman, it arguably fills a gap in the MINI range and is probably a good bet for families who would otherwise not find the hatch or even the Clubbie a practical proposition - I don't have to think it looks great, or that it's as good as the MINIs we all know and love, but it's a concept that has its place. I'm not having a go at the car itself, just what they're doing to it in this instance.

These inappropriate 'Performance' options WON'T make it perform as well as the hatch (weight, height etc etc), and will also make it WORSE at what it was supposedly designed to do. Everything seems to have to have massive wheels and 'go faster' addenda glued all over it these days, it's SO predictable and boring. All this kind of stuff is for well-heeled poseurs who neither need a practical everyday MINI nor a proper high-performance version. It would be great if MINI made the Countryman really good at what it did and just stuck to it - now THAT would be different and more in keeping with the individuality of the brand. This is purely a money-making exercise. If they came up with a proper 'WRC' Countryman which actually out-performed its siblings on all sorts of different surfaces, that would be a different story - but it would probably cost about £50K! (and STILL not have Recaros as standard!!!).

By the way, if you didn't have 'negativity', your magnet wouldn't work.

GCA3N
    I want to like this but that is pointless, and so unoriginal for the wheels.

What I would say is it would appear that BMW are doing well on orders in fact better than anticipated. Apparently this means we could see the coupe out within the next 12-18 months. So let's be positive and tell everyone to buy one cos I am
    Looking forward to that.