Sea Plane at Loch Lomond

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Delboy
    I was out on Loch Lomond yesterday (on my other toy ) and took a few snaps of the sea plane when it landed fairly close by - hope you like .

(I didn't have the 40-150mm lens with me so these shots were taken on the 14-44mm and cropped a bit on Paint Shop Pro.)

GCA3N
    wow great pics.

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    wow great pics.
    Thanks Greig - it was quite something to see the plane at close quarters on the loch.

Delboy
    In case anyone is wondering , here's a couple of pics of my other toy called "WAVeDASH" - (not taken by me and not yesterday either). It's a Bayliner 175 with a 3.0L stern drive engine (135hp) - it can do just over 40mph .

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Nice Pics Del wish I hadn't seen the boat pics, makes me want one even more...

Wheelspin Kid
    Car
    mini cooper red/white
    Great pics boat

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Nice Pics Del wish I hadn't seen the boat pics, makes me want one even more...
    Quote Originally Posted by audrey View Post
    Great pics boat
    Thanks Craig and Audrey . Yeah the boat is great fun - just wish we had better weather to enjoy it more often!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seaplane..JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	2087

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seaplane2.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	2086

This was the one I caught Landing at Cameron house last year. But I’ve been out on the water when one of them was landing and its scary to see it come down on to the same water as you.

Love the boat, a friend had one very similar. Can you max it out these days with all the new rules and regulations? I have fond memories absolutely going full pelt adjusting the trim tilt to get even more out of it, but that was a good few years back and before those idiots that were drunk hit the ski club boat late one night.………..killing someone then it all changed.

I take it you Ski off it
    Last edited by Stewart; 8th August 2010 at 10:33 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Nice boat

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sav112 View Post
    Love the boat, a friend had one very similar. Can you max it out these days with all the new rules and regulations? I have fond memories absolutely going full pelt adjusting the trim tilt to get even more out of it, but that was a good few years back and before those idiots that were drunk hit the ski club boat late one night.………..killing someone then it all changed.

I take it you Ski off it
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombers View Post
    Nice boat
    Thanks guys .

There is a speed limit of 10kph (6mph) on Loch Lomond in certain areas (mainly in the south around the islands) and 90kph (56mph) everywhere else . Not that many of the boats on the loch will reach 56mph but the jet skis will exceed that easily - they are seriously quick both in acceleration and top speed (one of my colleagues has a jet ski, which I think he said can do over 70mph.....).