JCW gear knob and handbrake handle

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    GCA3N
    Does anyone know how to change the standard gear knob and handbrake handle to the carbon/alacantra JCW ones. Just treated myself

on the R56. The gaiter stays attached so make sure you unclip the bottom surround on the gear stick then grab your knob and yank straight up just like in your last style mini the knob will come up as will the leather.

If it's just the knob you then need to teak the leather trim round the bottom of the new knob some times a pull tie is required but I managed to do mine on the clubbie without.

line it up correctly on the stick then push down hard giving your knob a thump and then clip in the lower surround.

Sam idea for the hand brake but a wee bit more difficult to get the gear knob to stay in place mikethemini used clear silicon clue like stuff on mines you would need to ask him why
    Last edited by Scottie; 5th August 2010 at 08:12 PM.
    Cooper Coupe...

GCA3N
    I just ordered the Knob on it's own. What about the handbrake?

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    The handbrake is a doddle to get off but a pain to stay on as it dosent clip on like the origanal it has to be glued on
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

I thought the old gear knob just came off with one big "Yank" ...........

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Quote Originally Posted by weefossy View Post
    I thought the old gear knob just came off with one big "Yank" ...........
    Hard one to call for your resident

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    The knob is just get a good grip and yank it straight up
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

GCA3N
    Cheers folks.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    My god this thread, or is it just me

Oh you are awful, but I like you.

GCA3N

too right, does sound like a pi$$ take.