Turbo or not Turbo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogman View Post
    Nooooooooooooooo Superchargers are the future :-)
    Do you not mean the past
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

GP BILLY
    Chris what about dropping an S engine in it

Here a thread about a member on TM doing it, and it worked
    out quite cheap (think his insurance wasn't that much different)

supercharged conversion

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Chris you would be better to give your car a good run down the back roads. If you want something more exiting get a quicker car. As others have said you will spend a furtune.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    Gasflowed head, manifold and CAI would make a big difference. Give Janspeed a call, see what they can do. But you're still talking nearly £2k for 25bhp
    Not spent anything like that but I've fitted to my Coop a full Playmini system from Manifold through the Sports Cat to a stainless steel back box, in addition to a K&N 57i induction kit. The 57i was around the £100 quid mark & I was in the right place at the right time to pick up the zorst 2nd hand for about £370'ish including fitting. The manifold & sport cat certainly give the car much better pulling power & the 57i & back box give it the noise

I could be tempted to go for a RR test just to see what I'm putting out

Beyond the above I would'ny be tempted, don't even reckon chipping her would give much extra (much much better mod if yer MINI's a One)

The only advice beyond this would be to sell up & buy an R53 'S' (cos their better looking )

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I think it's pretty well known that the Cooper is virtually at it's best as standard, of course you can do some things like exhaust and chip etc, but, sadly the Cooper just isn't mod friendly.
    If you're looking for something more powerful (not more exciting) then get yourself a Cooper S, but, a well driven Cooper will easily keep up with the Cooper S's and has been proven time and again

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    ............. but, a well driven Cooper will easily keep up with the Cooper S's and has been proven time and again
    Lovin it boss (not that I'm in any way a good driver, apparently )

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

cooperchris
    Quote Originally Posted by GP BILLY View Post
    Chris what about dropping an S engine in it

Here a thread about a member on TM doing it, and it worked
    out quite cheap (think his insurance wasn't that much different)

supercharged conversion
    That sounds good apart from the bonnet, Want to keep the cooper bonnet. If there was a way to put a FMI on it then maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Crombers View Post
    Not spent anything like that but I've fitted to my Coop a full Playmini system from Manifold through the Sports Cat to a stainless steel back box, in addition to a K&N 57i induction kit. The 57i was around the £100 quid mark & I was in the right place at the right time to pick up the zorst 2nd hand for about £370'ish including fitting. The manifold & sport cat certainly give the car much better pulling power & the 57i & back box give it the noise

I could be tempted to go for a RR test just to see what I'm putting out
    Not got the sports cat but got a full stainless cat back magnex system and a performance filter an its putting out 126bhp. Tried chipping it an it gave me 128bhp. Not worth it Throttle responce was just the same.

I would be up for a rolling road day if anyone would be up for it. Could even try to sort one out at Falkland Performance Centre if we get enough interest

Quote Originally Posted by MINI William View Post
    Chris you would be better to give your car a good run down the back roads. If you want something more exiting get a quicker car. As others have said you will spend a furtune.
    I couldn't ask for a better car on the back roads, I love the twistys. just wanted a bit more punch coming out the bends. Will not get rid of the car so al just have to find some more exciting roads

Cheers for all the thoughts folks
    Last edited by cooperchris; 6th August 2010 at 06:19 PM.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by cooperchris View Post
    That sounds good apart from the bonnet, Want to keep the cooper bonnet. If there was a way to put a FMI on it then maybe
    GRS make a FMI GRS make the best TMIC for the R53

http://www.lohen.co.uk/shop/proddeta...untIntercooler

i know mikey the mini supply's GRS intercoolers as well
    New sig coming soon

cooperchris
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    GRS make a FMI GRS make the best TMIC for the R53

http://www.lohen.co.uk/shop/proddeta...untIntercooler

i know mikey the mini supply's GRS intercoolers as well
    You just got me thinking again

Might be time to start saving for next year