I've bought a GP !!!

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    The Dogfather
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    Yes it would but then why would anyone modify a GP
    Because MINI left of the bits it should have had..... like xenons

Quote Originally Posted by The Dogfather View Post
    Because MINI left of the bits it should have had..... like xenons
    And a glovebox...and lighter wheels...and a rear wiper...and more lightness...I could go on....

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Bright Orange and Black roof etc........ THAT would be coooooooooooool. Like a MINI RS/GT3 idea. I'm going out to see Toy Story 3 tonight - so I won't know the colour!!!!!!!

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Well here are the pics as promised...

It's a GP, but a Fiat Punto EVO GP.

Some of you may be thinking I have gone nuts....

Here is somethings you need to know... My JCW is still with me... Now tucked up in the garage as the weekend toy. You could say I have done a Crombers..!

My mum is currently wheelchair bound, so I need a car to get her wheelchair around day to day, plus easy for her to get in and out of. The MINI doesn't fit the bill, but this does. I could have kept my dad's Tig, but it is more expensive to run, plus it is over 2 years old now and would have cost a lot more to run. This means that I can get about 40+mpg, about £100 road tax and cheap insurance for day to day and still have the MINI for fun.

GCA3N
    Whew!!!!!!!!!!!

Doug_m
    Very nice!
    Fancied a grande punto when they first came out!

Weekend toy, I'd love to manage to keep a weekend Car so it could sit in a garage looking awesome and only take it out in the dry :)
    Man, I need a new job :(

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    LOL Craig, nice one having everyone guessing the colour job you'd planned for a GP. Glad you still have the mini and new car doesn't look too bad at all for a work horse.

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Glad you’ve kept the Mini and your new GP looks very smart.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

looks good I like the wheels. What is it like to drive??
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    looks good I like the wheels. What is it like to drive??
    VERY different to a MINI... It is light on the steering, fairly gutless (but having 77bhp I knew that) and is nice and easy thro the gears... I would go so far to say the gearbox is better than the MINI.... Not had it out thro any bends yet, so don't know what it will be like on the bends... only 37 miles on the clock at the mo....