MINI Countryman vs mini countryman

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Car
    Mini Cooper
    Great pics Great minis

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Billy - LOVE YOUR COUNTRYMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you're ever going to part with it (you're not that daft!), give me a shout. I used to drive my Mum's '78/9 Clubbie Estate and it was such a cracking wee car - really practical too....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh memories.... can't beat a 'Woody' though. Love the wheels and hubcaps - are they Cooper S steels, or am I wrong? What running gear do you have, is it standard, or 'tweaked'? It's great either way.

As for the new car..... well, it might grow on me, but IMHO it's 'grown' quite enough as it is. It's certainly a practical bit of kit, but whether it can be classed as a 'MINI' is still a 'Topic for Discussion'... the jury's out on that one. Unlike the Clubman, which is still very recognisably a MINI.

In black this looks like it needs an illuminated 'For Hire' sign on the roof, and you'd have to do 'The Knowledge' as opposed to switch on the SatNav. "TAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXIIIIIIIIIII!!!"

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Resident old yin.
    I've yet to see the new one in the flesh but those pictures of the original against the new makes the new one seem even more hideous!

The original is fantastic and deserves to be lovingly cared for.

Euan, Mom doesn't like your post re "Woody"......... quote........"get to the back o' the queue sunshine"....or else

Quote Originally Posted by weefossy View Post
    Euan, Mom doesn't like your post re "Woody"......... quote........"get to the back o' the queue sunshine"....or else
    Oh No! The wrath of Sioban. I'll be leaving the Country, man....
    I know you should never get in the way of a woman and her "Woody".
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 4th August 2010 at 11:18 PM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

That new one.....

Sorry but, really, that is one ugly, ugly car

Reminds me of the XC9002

Billy's car on the other hand is
    Last edited by MiniSnaps; 5th August 2010 at 12:39 AM.

Your forgiven Euan, but only cause it's you

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Quote Originally Posted by weefossy View Post
    She's a 'kitten' man

Go for it 'The Elfmeister'

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

I'm still a bit scared.... Kittens have claws.

Re my previous comments on the new Countryman.......after seeing the following picture I may have to eat my words. Think the spots on the front totally change the look.
    Could this be the supercar you are looking for Euan, if they make a road version. wonder what the cost would be?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MINI_Countryman_WRC.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	2108

Apologies if someone has posted this picture up elsewhere.